Shell Rotella 5w30 full synthetic Gas Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. For the first time I did not use Mobil 1 full synthetic in my oil change routine and switched to Shell Rotella for gas Truck/SUV. I am close to 1k on it and wanted to share some info.

Nothing to earth shattering in regards to mileage, power and what have you. However what I did notice is that so far I have not burned any oil...none at all. As a matter of fact. Usually by a thousand miles I have to add maybe 8oz or so. For some of you that may be a lot, for other normal. For me it's just typical. Usually by my next oil change I would burn a quart (i'm in AZ so I change about every 3-4k miles).

Like I said nothing earth shattering but the fact that I am not burning the typical amount of oil make the switch "so far" worthwhile for me.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
upload_2019-8-9_17-10-18.png

If I can keep getting good access to ACDelco's oil, I will keep on using it. If not, Rotella Gas Truck it will be, it's great stuff for our motors. M1 ain't what it used to be.

OP
OP
chevrol8t

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also Amazon has the Rotella on sale for $21.57. Heck I wish it was on sale when I paid full price for two 1 gallon bottles! :(

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. For the first time I did not use Mobil 1 full synthetic in my oil change routine and switched to Shell Rotella for gas Truck/SUV. I am close to 1k on it and wanted to share some info.

Nothing to earth shattering in regards to mileage, power and what have you. However what I did notice is that so far I have not burned any oil...none at all. As a matter of fact. Usually by a thousand miles I have to add maybe 8oz or so. For some of you that may be a lot, for other normal. For me it's just typical. Usually by my next oil change I would burn a quart (i'm in AZ so I change about every 3-4k miles).

Like I said nothing earth shattering but the fact that I am not burning the typical amount of oil make the switch "so far" worthwhile for me.

What filter are you using ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swath, what acdelco oil you using?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094