OEM GM Advanced 2 Way Remote Start System - Brand New - $200 shipped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mauro

Mauro

Fresno State Bulldog
Reaction score
i'll give u $100 shipped

Thanks, but no thanks :)

Do you know if this adds remote start to the vehicle, or do you already have to have the remote start feature in your ride, and this is just adding a 2-way remote feature. I would like to add remote start to my ride but I dont know if it is a separate module that I have to purchase on top of this advance 2-way you are selling. Any help/clarification is much appreciated.

If you look at your RPO codes in your glove box, and you have the AP8 RPO code and your vehicle does NOT have the E61 RPO code, then this is the one for you. The AP8 code means it is remote start equipped, but needs this part to make it work. The E61 code is for the power liftgate option. If you don't have this option, then this is the part # you need :D If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me, also let me know your year/model you have :D

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Did someone really offer $100!!!
I can't stand people that try and lo-ball the shit out of people (can't stand rip offs either :D) like they jack stuff or something, when I had my wheels for sell I really had some people ask for it at $1500 shipped for 3 month old wheels/tires/tpms/lugs.
WTF, why the hell would I want only $1200 after shipping from $3400 worth of stuff!

Just venting in your thread, its kind of like someone offering the dealership $15000 for a new Tahoe!!!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah install is impossible without the dealer and only the dealer!
The install of this and the regualr remote start package requires some new software and some Tech II proggramming only available through the dealer.
You are looking at $160 at best to install, it ran me $130 (cheapest in town) to install the regular package at about 2 hours of labor!

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected. It's AWESOME being able to tailgate... change radio stations, mute button.

Plus it's nice being able to wake up and see how much gas I have so I know if I can hit the snooze or not

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
I stand corrected. It's AWESOME being able to tailgate... change radio stations, mute button.

Plus it's nice being able to wake up and see how much gas I have so I know if I can hit the snooze or not

U can do all that with this?

OP
OP
Mauro

Mauro

Fresno State Bulldog
Reaction score
Yep, it does all that....I really don't know how much it would cost to install it as I never got that far, but if definitely requires the dealer to install it. Its not so much the module and antenna installation, but the programming that has to be done via the Tech II :D

07warwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would cost $175 just for the install on this item. I checked @ my local GM dealership. they sell the system installed for $300. that's why i was offering you $100. $100+$175=$275. I figured i could atleast save $25 if i bought it from you. And put a little money back in your pocket

OP
OP
Mauro

Mauro

Fresno State Bulldog
Reaction score
It would cost $175 just for the install on this item. I checked @ my local GM dealership. they sell the system installed for $300. that's why i was offering you $100. $100+$175=$275. I figured i could atleast save $25 if i bought it from you. And put a little money back in your pocket

I'd be willing to bet that the dealer is selling the non-2 way LCD version of the remote start for $300 installed.....get a part # and check it against my #. If its the same, then get it from the dealer, that's a smokin price.....I'm not selling this for less than $200 shipped....if I don't sell it by June, I'll have it installed on my dad's Tahoe for Father's Day :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts