O2 censors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of changing my O2 sensors. I need to know if this is a DIY project or should I have my mechanic do it? I have 140K on the original sensors. I have a slight rough idle. Cleaned my MAF/TB and ran a can of seafoam couple months back. What tools would i need and where are these sensors located in an 01 yukon slt?

gitrduun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have 4 o2 sensors. Your forward sensors are just after the manifold as each side comes down the side of the bell housing for the tranny , they are the ones that measure how good your truck is burning, then youll have two behind each of your cats, they measure if you have cats. The back two I wouldn't worry about.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The back two O2 sensors are the most important (they do more than check for cats - they measure how well the cats are working). I would replace those first, as they are the most likely to cause your O2 sensor issues.

OP
OP
My01yuk

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to replace all 4. Chip, the kon is looking good bro. Have you done anything to it lately? It looks like you have done a mod or two but I can't be certain.

gitrduun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are the back ones important? Only if you care about your emissions

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to replace all 4. Chip, the kon is looking good bro. Have you done anything to it lately? It looks like you have done a mod or two but I can't be certain.

Thank you Sir! I've done a lot to it, but I also sold it the other day.

OP
OP
My01yuk

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Sir! I've done a lot to it, but I also sold it the other day.

What! Why? Are you upgrading or just getting out of the SUV game? I'm sure you hated seeing it leave. What are your plans now?

bmlb929

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey My01yuk...I have a question...I have never done this before and I have one that just went bad....Bank 1 Sensor 1...any tips you can throw my way?....I just bought a 04 yukon denali with 167,000 miles....the most I have done is brake pads and sparkplugs...not 100 percent sure how to tackle the 02 sensors though....thanks

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What! Why? Are you upgrading or just getting out of the SUV game? I'm sure you hated seeing it leave. What are your plans now?

I had two massive (Grand Mal) seizures, so I can't drive anymore. Imagine how I felt about selling my truck (for only $6K)!

Hey My01yuk...I have a question...I have never done this before and I have one that just went bad....Bank 1 Sensor 1...any tips you can throw my way?....I just bought a 04 yukon denali with 167,000 miles....the most I have done is brake pads and sparkplugs...not 100 percent sure how to tackle the 02 sensors though....thanks

What's your question?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts