Not to beat a dead horse..but steering issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe there is actually a replacement shaft made with some kind of teflon seals and doesn't require greasing. It's supposed to fix all your problems permanently. Sorry I don't have any more specifics than that for you, but I believe I read about it on this forum.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There have been quite a few redesigns of the part by GM. The current version does not use any grease nor does it require any. I would order the GM part rather than an aftermarket version that may not be the latest design. Will fix your problems.

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I order it from gmparts direct it should be the most up to date current model?....just wated to make sure.

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've actually been reading that even the newest, not greaseable shaft is still clunking. I just went through the whole drilling, tapping and putting a grease zert in the shaft and it works great now. We'll have to see how long it lasts.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lots of bad designs cant be fixed after the fact. it is what it is.

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also heard about people refilling the shaft with rtv silicone instead of grease. Filling it up, plugging the end, and forcing the silicone inside the splines, then waiting 24hrs for it to set up and reinstalling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris709