(Non) Patiently Waiting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll wait another year, after all, I've waited two to see the new design and I'm not thrilled. I started a little savings account and invested it, it's still growing by leaps and bounds and I figure by next year it will be time to cash out before the next crash. I'll drive away in my new car but hopefully it won't crash. I'm used to waiting for what I want I grew up before the internets plus life experience has taught me that sometimes the anticipation is better than the realization.

OP
OP
T

Thislife1977

Reaction score
Y'all are spoiled! In my younger days we placed the order and waited 3-6 months for a phone call from the dealer.

Thank God we are no longer
It's not just the Amazon effect, it's the iPhone effect, the instantaneous internet news cycle, Twitter, etc. etc. that promotes all of the impatience. Many (most?) people expect to touch an icon on their phone/computer/iPad, whatever device, and get immediate action on virtually anything today. Mr. 1977, be nice...you may want to reconsider your tone in a forum that offers its community support well beyond any one particular member's experience.

I honestly don’t know what y’all are talking about. As my username implies, I was born in 1977 and spent the majority of my life w/o Google, Amazon, iPhone, etc......

Regarding this forum/post, I honestly do not care about “community support”. If someone feels so petty as to personal attack my character then I indeed will respond.

Nevertheless, your post was respectful and I appreciate that; however, I am not representative of what you describe. I do think GM could do a better job tracking their vehicles. The system had my truck already delivered. The dealership had to call GM and they found my truck was still sitting at the rail yard when it was supposed to be loaded on the truck and delivered Friday. Again, being critical of a inadequate system and question the location of your 70k+ purchase does not make you a “whiner” IMO.

OP
OP
T

Thislife1977

Reaction score
I'll wait another year, after all, I've waited two to see the new design and I'm not thrilled. I started a little savings account and invested it, it's still growing by leaps and bounds and I figure by next year it will be time to cash out before the next crash. I'll drive away in my new car but hopefully it won't crash. I'm used to waiting for what I want I grew up before the internets plus life experience has taught me that sometimes the anticipation is better than the realization.

I semi agree with you. The price gauging is crazy. I was lucky to get a good deal. However, the new AT4 is pretty awesome. BUT I wish it came with a 2inch “permanent” lift and more aggressive tires. You will definitely come out in a better situation by waiting for the hype to die down. Remember tho NOTHING you purchase will be prefect and no matter how long you wait, you’ll most likely make some aftermarket “adjustments”.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I semi agree with you. The price gauging is crazy. I was lucky to get a good deal. However, the new AT4 is pretty awesome. BUT I wish it came with a 2inch “permanent” lift and more aggressive tires. You will definitely come out in a better situation by waiting for the hype to die down. Remember tho NOTHING you purchase will be prefect and no matter how long you wait, you’ll most likely make some aftermarket “adjustments”.

Thanks and BTW I agree that GM's tracking should be better. I suppose we could blame that on the covid also. haha

Also enjoy the heck out of your new vehicle. There's nothing like a fresh new ride.

OP
OP
T

Thislife1977

Reaction score
Thanks and BTW I agree that GM's tracking should be better. I suppose we could blame that on the covid also. haha

Also enjoy the heck out of your new vehicle. There's nothing like a fresh new ride.

We’re gonna blame Covid for the next 25yrs

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OR....they could increase the price on 22’a a few thousands. Then what?
What’s stopping them? They can’t keep up now...yes, they could die down...or they could be more than they are today....

OP
OP
T

Thislife1977

Reaction score
OR....they could increase the price on 22’a a few thousands. Then what?
What’s stopping them? They can’t keep up now...yes, they could die down...or they could be more than they are today....

None of us can prEdict the future. Depends on the market....but my guess is other manufacturers redesigns hit the market and the chip shortage will be resolved. All the while gas prices will increase and WALA GM will lower their prices.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do think GM could do a better job tracking their vehicles. The system had my truck already delivered. The dealership had to call GM and they found my truck was still sitting at the rail yard when it was supposed to be loaded on the truck and delivered Friday. Again, being critical of a inadequate system and question the location of your 70k+ purchase does not make you a “whiner” IMO.

I work with shipping furniture all over the country. There are a myriad of reasons why things don't move as fast as people want to. Not all of that information can be communicated to the next yard in a timely fashion, let alone to a customer with no idea of how things work or more importantly, they don't care. They want to see it moving like a pizza or package from Amazon on their phone and moving large things does not work that way in real life. Nor are they going to hire people to answer all the phone calls from the impatient people wondering why their item is sitting in a yard for 12 hours or 3 days and not moving. Some of the warehouses we have are tens of thousands of square feet in size and yet they are jammed with 3x as much furniture plus the yard is full of trailers AND land was rented nearby to park more trailers while the others get moved through the que.

OP
OP
T

Thislife1977

Reaction score
I work with shipping furniture all over the country. There are a myriad of reasons why things don't move as fast as people want to. Not all of that information can be communicated to the next yard in a timely fashion, let alone to a customer with no idea of how things work or more importantly, they don't care. They want to see it moving like a pizza or package from Amazon on their phone and moving large things does not work that way in real life. Nor are they going to hire people to answer all the phone calls from the impatient people wondering why their item is sitting in a yard for 12 hours or 3 days and not moving. Some of the warehouses we have are tens of thousands of square feet in size and yet they are jammed with 3x as much furniture plus the yard is full of trailers AND land was rented nearby to park more trailers while the others get moved through the que.
I hear you but with all do respect to your profession. If your company does not meet consumer demands with timely accurate tracking, the market will dictate that company will no longer exist. The technology is there, so it’s up to companies to invest in advance more accurate tracking of merchandise.

Again much respect to the challenges of your profession.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you but with all do respect to your profession. If your company does not meet consumer demands with timely accurate tracking, the market will dictate that company will no longer exist. The technology is there, so it’s up to companies to invest in advance more accurate tracking of merchandise.

Again much respect to the challenges of your profession.

Well, when the consumer pays more for shipping I reckon that the system will change. It hasn't in thirty years and nobody to my knowledge sells more furniture. The automaker's tracking hasn't changed either. Frankly, I see no need for it, folks just need to exercise some self-control and patience and read the contract they signed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019