NO DRILL Rear Cargo Area Tie Down Solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to resurrect this again as I see the solution proposed, but I'm wondering if this isn't too much pull on the seat. Also, how would you get those forward-facing rings to face backwards toward the load? I'm thinking about possibly folding both rear seats straight up and trying to anchor something to the seat frame floor for transport. Want to cross strap something down tightly but don't really like the idea of pulling on the seat back so hard....

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to resurrect this again as I see the solution proposed, but I'm wondering if this isn't too much pull on the seat. Also, how would you get those forward-facing rings to face backwards toward the load? I'm thinking about possibly folding both rear seats straight up and trying to anchor something to the seat frame floor for transport. Want to cross strap something down tightly but don't really like the idea of pulling on the seat back so hard....
I never ended up doing anything, I just keep my toolbox in-between the driver side front seat and the second row seat.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice idea, but I have my 3rd row installed - although virtually permanently stowed unless for cleaning. What is the 3rd row anchor point? Are you speaking of the 3rd row bottom seat belt bolts?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice idea, but I have my 3rd row installed - although virtually permanently stowed unless for cleaning. What is the 3rd row anchor point? Are you speaking of the 3rd row bottom seat belt bolts?
The anchor points for the seat itself. I removed it just a couple of weeks after I bought the truck. The powered seat must weigh a hundred pounds.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could you add some sort of bracket to the seat anchor bolt, leaving the seats in place but having it come out from under the folded seat?

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The anchor points for the seat itself. I removed it just a couple of weeks after I bought the truck. The powered seat must weigh a hundred pounds.
Wish I had your power second row leather bench!

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to strap to the cross piece where the 2nd row bucket latches to and keep the seats flipped up for the duration of the haul. That is a solid anchor point and doesn't rely on seat integrity.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to strap to the cross piece where the 2nd row bucket latches to and keep the seats flipped up for the duration of the haul. That is a solid anchor point and doesn't rely on seat integrity.
Those anchors in the floor are a good choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401