NO DRILL Rear Cargo Area Tie Down Solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with any no-drill solutions for adding rear cargo area tie downs? There are the 2 chrome flip-up tie downs mounted at the very rear of the cargo area at the tailgate but there is nothing behind the second row which would be beneficial for securing cargo.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe use the lower latch points for child seats on the back of the second row

That's not a horrible idea. I already utilize the mounts you speak of with a rubber bungee to secure a toolbox I keep stored between the second row captains chairs. However these are located in the very center of the second row captain's chairs (an unknown number of inches from the wall) and also slightly below the cargo area, versus at the tip top of the cargo area and at the edge of the cargo area flooring which is what would be preferred.

Also if utilizing these tie downs for child seats you would not be able to fold the second row seats without unstrapping your load.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What to you clip to those anchors with? The anchor looks like it doesn't stick out very far, which may limit what is used. It DOES seem to be an excellent idea, though. Thanks.
S hooks on the end of a rubber bungee. If your ratchet strap hook won't fit you can use a smaller diameter S hook to bridge the gap I suppose.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i1cVhUPiEMCNcAY6knpFedEsBQ4kEJ6ktB6a4fqb8&usqp=CAU.jpg

Something like this may perform better. If you are really cranking down on your ratchet straps, the threaded function of these buckles will keep them from spreading apart unlike your standard bungee cord S hook. And will also be safer in the event of a crash! Should be sold at any hardware store.

The only thing I don't like is that the seats can't be folded forward for access if you have a load strapped down as the load will be strapped down to the seats themselves rather than the body or frame of the vehicle. Still a NEGATIVE!

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 381527

Something like this may perform better. If you are really cranking down on your ratchet straps, the threaded function of these buckles will keep them from spreading apart unlike your standard bungee cord S hook. And will also be safer in the event of a crash! Should be sold at any hardware store.

The only thing I don't like is that the seats can't be folded forward for access if you have a load strapped down as the load will be strapped down to the seats themselves rather than the body or frame of the vehicle. Still a NEGATIVE!
Those were actually what I was thinking about using. Need to know if they'll clear the loop. They look like they will, but I've come across some situations where they don't work.

Yeah, I know the seats are then stuck in the down and set position, but we rarely fold the seats up, since that's where the 4-legged kids ride.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those were actually what I was thinking about using. Need to know if they'll clear the loop. They look like they will, but I've come across some situations where they don't work.

Yeah, I know the seats are then stuck in the down and set position, but we rarely fold the seats up, since that's where the 4-legged kids ride.
They sell them in various sizes and thicknesses. Or get a heavy duty spring loaded hook clip.

717utpXQpML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B