Next steps...strut and shock options.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swest

Reaction score
Okay guys I'm looking for some opinions on struts and shocks because I'm just too picky about my handling.

I have a 2010 Tahoe LS 2wd. I've just put a 2/4 drop on it 22 Boss 330s. 2" drop spindles and pedders in the rear. Love the cornering but will probably do the pan hard too soon.

I live in the land of pot holes (midwest)...so I feel every bit of the road and the front is jumpier then I like.

I'm looking for a good front strut to handle the 2" drop better and I was thinking something like a Nitro Drop 2 in the rear because 4" on stocks with extenders isn't going to do it for me :)

This is just my daily and tow pig...my real time goes into my 50 Shoebox...so I'm trying to fight my instinct of getting out my torches and the big Miller :weld:

So let me hear those opinions...

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
did you cut the brackets off the rear if your at a full 4 inch drop in rear you will need to cut the brackets off before you do anything else.

OP
OP
S

swest

Reaction score
did you cut the brackets off the rear if your at a full 4 inch drop in rear you will need to cut the brackets off before you do anything else.

Yes sir...cut to the frame for the full travel. These are the cut pedders and extenders I picked up from you a few months age. The ride is great until I'm on some of the crappy side streets.

I just know I am not getting the best with the stock struts and shocks

camote

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
have you considered the street performance struts and shocks ... they may be a little pricey than the rest but they perform better than rest ... good investment in the longrun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnbri512