Shops refusing to disassemble magneride strut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super happy that you looked for and found a shop that would easily handle your needs. Now, you will be able to experience the ride improvement that an active suspension delivers. If you want to complete the suspension and handling upgrade experience, purchase and install a set of Hellwig sway bars.
Thanks! Me too, I’m an extreme DIYer but the thought of compressing those springs was freakin me out. Do you have a set of Hellwigs? They’re on the to do list but my next problem to fix is a new front bumper cover. The previous owner got into a light fender bender and the bumper cover has a small crack near the passenger headlight and a crease near the fog light. I was thinking about getting a aftermarket platinum bumper cover since they’re only 100ish bucks more. The only problem with that is I installed a gloss black mesh grill so I’ll have to do some trickery to get the lower grill to match. The Tahoe mesh grills would probably work perfectly to retro fit to the new lower platinum girl.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Me too, I’m an extreme DIYer but the thought of compressing those springs was freakin me out. Do you have a set of Hellwigs? They’re on the to do list but my next problem to fix is a new front bumper cover. The previous owner got into a light fender bender and the bumper cover has a small crack near the passenger headlight and a crease near the fog light. I was thinking about getting a aftermarket platinum bumper cover since they’re only 100ish bucks more. The only problem with that is I installed a gloss black mesh grill so I’ll have to do some trickery to get the lower grill to match. The Tahoe mesh grills would probably work perfectly to retro fit to the new lower platinum girl.
Yes, I do have the Hellwig sway bars front and rear. The difference in body roll control is amazing.

BrentS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Find an independent shop that will replace the struts. Just had mine done. Only use OEM! All of the others won’t be right and you will regret it. I’ve already gone through the pain!

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find an independent shop that will replace the struts. Just had mine done. Only use OEM! All of the others won’t be right and you will regret it. I’ve already gone through the pain!
Thanks for the feedback! I went OEM with maxtrac 1” drop springs, came out great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019