New Yukon owner looking for info about what I can do with my 1997 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Secaucus New Jersey!
Nice find! You won't find anything that runs from NYC-Miami for 500 bucks.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

The first thing to do is to make a list of all items that you believe need to be addressed, and then prioritize the list based on must do (safety), should do, and nice to do.

Also, if you do not know when the last time that any fluid on the truck was replaced, then replace it now.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sticky thread at the very beginning of the General Discussion page has a wealth of information when dealing with vehicles of our Vintage.

OP
OP
G

GOLDMINER53

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

The first thing to do is to make a list of all items that you believe need to be addressed, and then prioritize the list based on must do (safety), should do, and nice to do.

Also, if you do not know when the last time that any fluid on the truck was replaced, then replace it now.
Hi and thank you. All fluids except for power steering and brake fluid were recently changed including the transmission fluid It had sat for over a year since then. I am working on getting a list of everything that needs attention. So far I've driven it over 60 miles a day and it hasn't had any major issues but I appreciate having this forum as a good resource.

OP
OP
G

GOLDMINER53

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi and thank you. All fluids except for power steering and brake fluid were recently changed including the transmission fluid It had sat for over a year since then. I am working on getting a list of everything that needs attention. So far I've driven it over 60 miles a day and it hasn't had any major issues but I appreciate having this forum as a good resource.
My long term goal is to do something like this with some performance mods but overall maintenance is where I'm starting.

Attachments

• proxy-image (1).jpeg
    proxy-image (1).jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
G

GOLDMINER53

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum from N.Z.
Not a bad looking find for 500.

Welcome from Secaucus New Jersey!
Nice find! You won't find anything that runs from NYC-Miami for 500 bucks.
I wasn't expecting it to even start up as it had been sitting and was covered In dust and had been essentially abandoned for almost 2 years but I got super lucky and it came back to life with just a battery and some fresh fluids. I'm sure there's lots to be done but so far I am surprised

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting it to even start up as it had been sitting and was covered In dust and had been essentially abandoned for almost 2 years but I got super lucky and it came back to life with just a battery and some fresh fluids. I'm sure there's lots to be done but so far I am surprised
Hey that's great!
Is good to find a deal like this and be able to enjoy it straight away ayyyy.
Lol too many choices with what to do in the way of mods on here. Be practical,do what needs doing 1st and then improve as you want :favorites37:
Nice work man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep