New Project Time! 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some folks know, some don't, so I figured I'd make a new build thread. We ordered the truck on 3/1/14, went up to GM on 3/4/14. Last I heard it was at level 3000 so it should only be a few weeks until its on a rail to Florida.

We sold Yeti (now resides in Prescott Valley, AZ) since the wife and I wanted to go bigger. We were originally going to buy a used 12-14 Denali HD, and then almost pulled the trigger on a 14' All-Terrain 6.2 (just like Rocky's but in black). Glad we didn't because we found out the new 15' Denali HD was around the corner so we waited and ordered one first chance we got.

We went with the 6.6 LML, 4WD, black on black, pretty much loaded except for sunroof, rear entertainment, and the camper mirrors. I opted for the regular mirrors for now since they will have the powerfold button programmed into the door switch, just in case GM ends up releasing a powerfold tow mirror . Don't worry, I ordered the camper/tow mirrors from my dealer already and they'll be getting smoothed and painted black as soon as we get the truck in the air.

Still unsure on where we are going with this build, but it will be getting AMP steps and a Bakflip F1 cover as soon as it gets here.

We do plan on lifting this one, just narrowing down options. It's either the CTS 8/10, FTS 10/12, or Cognito 10/12. Not looking to go crazy with hoops and rezzies like the last one. Just a simple 10" lift with rear reservoir shocks and front reservoir shocks, nothing else. I like how the black and chrome of the Denali compliment each other, so I am hesitant to go with a chrome or PC'd color lift. I was thinking of keeping the lift all black and using chrome backing plates for the front box (if i go FTS). For the shocks I am on the fence with chrome or black for the subdued look.

Wheels are pretty much decided on. We will be running 24x12 American Force full polish. I have not decided on the design, but I am thinking either the Blade SS8 or Burnout SS8. Tires will be Toyo M/T 37x13.50x24. For the 24x14 lovers, sorry, just not my cup of tea. I don't dig the stretched look on our trucks, but badass nonetheless if that's what you're into.

We have not ordered anything for the truck right now. Waiting on it to get here before we pull the trigger. Still open-minded on the direction we go with this one as well. I am really up in the air on the lift situation and which company to go with and how to work black and chrome into the lift without making it too blingy.

I've gone back and forth on DPF/DEF deletes. I'm not entirely sure I am going to go that route just yet. Going to drive it around for a bit and see how it goes. I've heard pros and cons to both, and frankly I am not really wanting to mess with the engine all that much. But we will see where that goes and when it may happen.

I'll post up some pics once she gets here. Appreciate any input since this will be our first diesel that we have owned/done. My wife did get to drive a 14' Dmax and got giddy when she got on it. That was pretty much a done deal once that happened.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
This guy and his trucks!! This will be sick. I have to say it as someone once told me: "Color match or else".. LOL. Looking forward to build.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy and his trucks!! This will be sick. I have to say it as someone once told me: "Color match or else".. LOL. Looking forward to build.

there will be no colormatching at all. It's all black and chrome. :D

I have to give the wife credit on this one. It's what she wanted. Who am I to say no??

I did consider a 7" with 22/35 setup, she quickly declined. I think she's addicted.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like I might be ordering the lift this week. Woot!!

Still at build level 3300. The LML are on constraint it appears. Sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10