New owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slim_9916

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up a 2017 LT with 63k about a month ago and found this place. It was a terrible time to buy but I finally gave up on my 02 Z71 tahoe with 290k. It had a lifter collapsing and with a 6 month old it was time to upgrade. Enjoying the truck so far with only a few minor complaints. Kind of a GM die hard I guess you could say so hopefully this platform won't let me down. Also have a 2004 CTS-V with a few mods. My wife drives a Model Y so we're all over the place.

Who's the go to for vinyl overlays for emblems? Not opposed to a decent billet replacement but tired of the factory gold.
IMG_6186.jpg

IMG_6194.jpg
IMG_6377.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrat's the 17 should be a solid ride, some I repeat SOME people have complained of the roof making some irritating noises but if you didn't hear it when test driving then nothing to worry about. Apparently has something to with the glue they used in the roof frames. If you did your homework before purchasing you are probably already aware.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Looks brand new. Hopefully you have all the service records.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Question, how would the forum let you down, if ever, per say? I haven't seen a comment like that before until after a help attempt.

OP
OP
slim_9916

slim_9916

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome!

I dare to ask, how much the dealer give you for the old one?
Peanuts. I could've easily sold it for 6-8k with its condition but would've felt bad knowing it needed a rebuild. Probably would've been a high school kid and I didn't want that karma.

Welcome and congrat's the 17 should be a solid ride, some I repeat SOME people have complained of the roof making some irritating noises but if you didn't hear it when test driving then nothing to worry about. Apparently has something to with the glue they used in the roof frames. If you did your homework before purchasing you are probably already aware.
Haven't noticed anything other than the buffeting most people talk about. I used to put my back windows down and leave the front up on my old 02 but the 17 buffets so bad it's unbearable.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Peanuts. I could've easily sold it for 6-8k with its condition but would've felt bad knowing it needed a rebuild. Probably would've been a high school kid and I didn't want that karma.

Haven't noticed anything other than the buffeting most people talk about. I used to put my back windows down and leave the front up on my old 02 but the 17 buffets so bad it's unbearable.
Karma--the older I'm getting, the more I believe in it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ya that's what i am talking about, it's supposedly because of the roof glue, my 18 Silverado has terrible design as far as wind goes with the windows down after about 80mph it's like a tornado inside above 100 it knocks the window visors down, my 03 you could go 140 and it wasn't half as bad. The 18 has a middle rear window that opens and things in the back of the truck will get sucked inside I had a empty soda can in the back and it spun it around and shot it forward like a high speed slingshot into the cab. I am pretty sure it's because of the front window angle, not sure if vent visors would help or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick