New-Nivomats... ( Old subject/new problem ) Do they exist??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took some weight out of my '05 Yukon XL w/ ZW7.....
I measured the rear fender.... after empty, drove over 20 miles... Same height.
The ride 'feels' fine.... But , looking for new Nivomats..... WHO SELLS THEM????

I don't drive a Chrysler..... ( in stock ).... GMC Yukon..... nope....

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A better test for the Nivomats is to ADD weight and measure before moving, then after driving a bit. Your test has the shocks already compensating for weight, so why would the height change much when you took away the weight -- if they're working?

Rock Auto, for one, has a couple of choices:

1716493172530.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A better test for the Nivomats is to ADD weight and measure before moving, then after driving a bit. Your test has the shocks already compensating for weight, so why would the height change much when you took away the weight -- if they're working?

View attachment 429068
Uh,,,, Same fender height before weight & after weight removal.... after a 20 mile drive. ( sorry, I miss-wrote)
( I did, also, adjust my Hellwig rear bar, to the stiffer hole, while I was under there )

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 429068
I can read your RA photo.... Maybe a Tahoe shows different info.( Your part number is different ).
I find, in the '05 Yukon, REAR, but for RWD..... not 4WD. GM part.
( A bit confusing, as they say. "not for"...... bla-bla-bla....
I want to be careful ordering, due to the cost!!

EDIT....... I ordered a pair on Amazon ( genuine GM - new)..... We'll see.....

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is your XL 4WD? You didn't say.

Do you have RPO code G65? If you do, those are Nivomats. If not, then non-Nivomat.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
G65 is the Nivomat self-leveling shocks. ZW7 is Premium Smooth Ride, which can be a number of suspension parts, and isn't always the Nivomat shocks. Which is why the G65 code is for the rear Niv shocks.

Post a pic of your RPO codes if you want.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I ordered may be for a 2wd..... It is complicated to decipher the choices....
But it's easy to return - shipping..... ( Geeze )......
G65 is the Nivomat self-leveling shocks. ZW7 is Premium Smooth Ride, which can be a number of suspension parts, and isn't always the Nivomat shocks. Which is why the G65 code is for the rear Niv shocks.

Post a pic of your RPO codes if you want.
I canceled my 'Nivomat' shocks order last evening..... I want to be sure before ordering...
Checking the Monroe site.... It appears, Nivomat shocks have a thinner - lower - looking shaft on the bottom. The photo I took of mine, seems it has a larger diameter?
( confusing)....

Attachments

• Yukon-Nivomat?.jpg
    Yukon-Nivomat?.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 5
  • Yukon RPO codes.jpg
    Yukon RPO codes.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I ordered may be for a 2wd..... It is complicated to decipher the choices....
But it's easy to return - shipping..... ( Geeze )......

I canceled my 'Nivomat' shocks order last evening..... I want to be sure before ordering...
Checking the Monroe site.... It appears, Nivomat shocks have a thinner - lower - looking shaft on the bottom. The photo I took of mine, seems it has a larger diameter?
( confusing)....
No G65 RPO code on the sticker, so you do not have Nimovat shocks.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No G65 RPO code on the sticker, so you do not have Nimovat shocks.
Well, well...... I just saved a few bucks.....
So, all you people in this forum..... A couple months ago, I replaced my front shocks, with a pair of "OEM rated" Bilstiens...... What should I replace my rears with, .... since I have a ZW7 'premium' suspension..... ?
BTW.... If I have a "premium ride"..... What makes it, premium??