New member to forum -- searching for my 07-14 Tahoe/Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking they just want to get rid of the car at this point. Which is fine by me -- I don't mind some elbow grease and a good time with sketchy cleaning solvents (24 Hrs of LeMons racers raise your hands!). The lot says they've got a mechanic who will diagnose and fix the CEL.
If you do decide to buy the rig, make sure you get a detailed report of the diagnostics, parts replaced and repair work for that fix and what warranty comes with it.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That fuel trim rich code can also be triggered by a failing fuel pressure regulator, which is in the tank. That's what turned out to be the root cause of the same code in my '07 last year. FWIW. If so, it will likely only appear intermittently, which could be why they were able to get it through the smog test. The code will clear itself if it hasn't detected the problem for a few cycles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vinbart

vinbart

Reaction score
Oh yeah, FPR not working would indeed cause more fuel than expected, certainly in open loop mode, perhaps even in closed loop mode if the injectors can't meter out a small enough amount of fuel at some minimum pulse width.

Guys -- I just want to say, as a new member to this forum, you guys are super helpful and I appreciate all the suggestions and advice. Really good group of people here, I will become a regular once I've got this thing in my garage. Thanks again.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to memorize the VIN sequences for each year or group of years as they changed during the production of the GMT900s. Eighth digit 2 is for the L9H motor.

The 5th digit tells you the drive type, C for RWD and K for AWD or 4WD from 2007-2010. After that it is 1 for RWD and 2 for 4WD and AWD.

If you care looking for the coveted 2009 6.2 Tahoe, the VIN sequence you scan for is 1GNFC332 or 1GNFK332 RWD and 4WD respectively.

There are 2008 6.2 Tahoes and all are RWD with the L92 engine, VIN 8.

GMC also had some Yukon XL SLTs with the L9H in 2010.

GM has VIN Cards for every year that you can study to memorize. This is how I find the oddities to share and buy, like our 6.2 NHT Sierra.

Could I bother you to share your method for searching by VIN? Any popular listing sites that search by VIN?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could I bother you to share your method for searching by VIN? Any popular listing sites that search by VIN?
As far as I'm aware Chris, nobody allows a person to search by VIN or partial VIN. I've sent emails to all the popular places with no response.

When running a search, I'll often have to open up each ad to view the VIN. 64 GB of memory makes this easy but places like Auto Trader would kick me out after a while for a day or so.

So, when looking for 2009 6.2 Tahoes:

K332 for 2009 6.2 Tahoe LTZ 4WD
C332 for 2009 6.2 Tahoe LTZ RWD

When we were searching for 2009 XFE Tahoes and Yukons:

EC233 - 2009 XFE Tahoe LT with LC9 motor
EC333 - 2009 XFE Yukon SLT with LC9 motor

For the 2010 SLT XFE Yukons:

MCCE3

For the 2010 Yukon XL SLT with the 6.2 L9H:

KKE2

When we were looking for NHT Sierras we looked this way:

V2VE2 for 6.2 Sierra Extended Cab NHT SLE
V2WE2 for 6.2 Sierra Extended Cab NHT SLT

U2VE2 for 6.2 Sierra Crew Cab NHT SLE
U2WE2 for 6.2 Sierra Crew Cab NHT SLT

OP
OP
vinbart

vinbart

Reaction score
This thread is getting a big long/old -- I am going to start a new thread with this question:

Hey guys, I'm going to get another look and test drive of the 09 Escalade that I mentioned before (the tan one, they claim that the CEL was fixed, but I'm waiting for the paperwork from the mechanic).

What specific items should I be looking to make sure they work? I've got the "check the air suspension on key-on after sitting overnight, but what else (specific to a 2009 6.2 AWD Escalade that I might not be aware of) should I be looking for? Yes, the dash is cracked. :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware Chris, nobody allows a person to search by VIN or partial VIN. I've sent emails to all the popular places with no response.

When running a search, I'll often have to open up each ad to view the VIN. 64 GB of memory makes this easy but places like Auto Trader would kick me out after a while for a day or so.

So, when looking for 2009 6.2 Tahoes:

K332 for 2009 6.2 Tahoe LTZ 4WD
C332 for 2009 6.2 Tahoe LTZ RWD

When we were searching for 2009 XFE Tahoes and Yukons:

EC233 - 2009 XFE Tahoe LT with LC9 motor
EC333 - 2009 XFE Yukon SLT with LC9 motor

For the 2010 SLT XFE Yukons:

MCCE3

For the 2010 Yukon XL SLT with the 6.2 L9H:

KKE2

When we were looking for NHT Sierras we looked this way:

V2VE2 for 6.2 Sierra Extended Cab NHT SLE
V2WE2 for 6.2 Sierra Extended Cab NHT SLT

U2VE2 for 6.2 Sierra Crew Cab NHT SLE
U2WE2 for 6.2 Sierra Crew Cab NHT SLT

Ah. I thought I missed a special search feature on one of the sites. At least I wasn't working unnecessarily harder. Thanks for your insight and for the warning about Auto Trader.

Speaking of XFE, that's what my neighbor bought (an '09) after totaling his '07.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah. I thought I missed a special search feature on one of the sites. At least I wasn't working unnecessarily harder. Thanks for your insight and for the warning about Auto Trader.

Speaking of XFE, that's what my neighbor bought (an '09) after totaling his '07.
Those have always intrigued me, especially the 2010s. Always wondered if they got VVT for their LC9s as all the others, their mileage should be even better than a 2009s. They are lowered like the cop cars and have other weight/fuel saving features. We were going to get one but my wife wants more horsepower.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those have always intrigued me, especially the 2010s. Always wondered if they got VVT for their LC9s as all the others, their mileage should be even better than a 2009s. They are lowered like the cop cars and have other weight/fuel saving features. We were going to get one but my wife wants more horsepower.

Aren't they only good for 1, maybe 2 extra MPG? I'll have to check his to see if it has VVT. All I've noticed on his is the unique spare wheel and I think his might have aluminum lower control arms. Oh, his was lower than mine when he lowered it with all the same components that mine has. His sits how I want mine to.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't they only good for 1, maybe 2 extra MPG? I'll have to check his to see if it has VVT. All I've noticed on his is the unique spare wheel and I think his might have aluminum lower control arms. Oh, his was lower than mine when he lowered it with all the same components that mine has. His sits how I want mine to.
An '09 won't have VVT but a 2010 might. Yes, they were rated the same as the regular 2010-2014 models, 15 city and 21 highway. This was at the time when our older ones were rated 14-20 with the 5.3.

They had lower rear springs, aluminum lower control arms, the aluminum spare and other weight and gas saving features, can't remember them all at the moment but have written about them on here in detail before.

An old one of these would make a nice candidate for a 6.2 with a supercharger! They were lighter too with a GVWR of 7000 pounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep