New member to forum -- searching for my 07-14 Tahoe/Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vinbart

Reaction score
Hi Guys/Gals,
Just a quick introduction -- I'm looking for a Tahoe/Yukon (maybe an Escalade...but I'm leaning away from the Cadillac) 2007-2014 GMT900 platform with 4WD (short wheelbase, no XL or Suburbans). I joined this forum so I could get some advice and help from people who own/drive these cars everyday and help me find the perfect car. I am very picky when it comes to cars, and I've been browsing/looking/researching for the past 6 months but finally kicked into buy mode. My budget is around $15k, (plus minus depending on condition) so I'm looking for a car with more than 100k miles and in the 07-09 model year range (let's be realistic here). I won't buy a black or white car (sorry, needs to be a color).

Additional things; needs 4X4, prefer cloth seats (leather gets ugly after 10 years), need the 3rd row (but can buy on ebay if missing, I guess),...must be rust free (I'm located in SoCal, and I have a 50 year old car that doesn't have rust, so no Pennsylvanian rust buckets)

Not particular on engine size (can be the 5.3 or 6.0 or 6.2 or whatever).

But what else do I need to look for? Is there a package I should get or avoid?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I have seen many threads here about the engine AFM problems and cracked dashes. I have an 05 Tahoe but others here will chime in with recommendations.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys/Gals,
Just a quick introduction -- I'm looking for a Tahoe/Yukon (maybe an Escalade...but I'm leaning away from the Cadillac) 2007-2014 GMT900 platform with 4WD (short wheelbase, no XL or Suburbans). I joined this forum so I could get some advice and help from people who own/drive these cars everyday and help me find the perfect car. I am very picky when it comes to cars, and I've been browsing/looking/researching for the past 6 months but finally kicked into buy mode. My budget is around $15k, (plus minus depending on condition) so I'm looking for a car with more than 100k miles and in the 07-09 model year range (let's be realistic here). I won't buy a black or white car (sorry, needs to be a color).

Additional things; needs 4X4, prefer cloth seats (leather gets ugly after 10 years), need the 3rd row (but can buy on ebay if missing, I guess),...must be rust free (I'm located in SoCal, and I have a 50 year old car that doesn't have rust, so no Pennsylvanian rust buckets)

Welcome from Secaucus New Jersey!

If you find a one owner well maintained Tahoe over 100K miles [with service records] I would consider it after it is checked out by a good independent mechanic.

Even 150K miles would work for me if the oil changes were around 5K miles or before using a good oil like Mobil 1 or AC Delco. But that is just me.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys/Gals,

This is about the worst time to be buying a car. People are paying $5-10K and more than they were going for just six months ago. $15K gets you something north of 150k miles in most markets. Nearly half of these cars were painted either black, carbon black or white or pearl white.

In 2009 the 6-speed transmission was introduced behind the 5.3 engines. This was also the first year for Bluetooth phone connectivity and the optional integrated trailer brake controller.

GMC SLEs will have cloth interior and the Chevrolet LT might have a cloth interior, most were leather.

Do you plan to do any towing? Why do you want a 4WD versus a RWD? Do you have a few thousand set aside for maintenance and repairs? Generally speaking, at this age and mileage, it's time to rebuild the front suspension, change all the fluids and a poorly maintained transmission usually expires around this time.

Oh, the Denalis and Escalades in this generation will be either RWD or AWD; not 4x4s. Their 6.2s are glorious engines!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec