New Member Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dburksmem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am new to the forum. I have been lurking for about 1.5 years. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge for me. My wife and I had a 3 child about 16 months ago and our 2018 Armada Platinum just didn't cut it size wise anymore for road trips. We previously owned a 2015 Yukon that my wife felt had the best ride of any truck she has ever had. That begin my search for a yukon xl. I inquired about ordering a 2023 but there was always constraints. Fast forward of the announcement of a refresh, we decided to wait to order a 2024.

Fast forward,refresh was canceled so i begin to look for gently used Yukon XLs. Found a 2021 SLT built exactly how I wanted it with rear seat media, black wheels, hd surround cameras. The works with less than 22k miles. We had to compromise on color as we wanted white. This will hold us over until the next redesign.

Attachments

• 20230908_182510.jpg
    20230908_182510.jpg
    705.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230908_182510.jpg
    20230908_182510.jpg
    705.9 KB · Views: 5

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to active status on the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Personally, I love that color.

OP
OP
D

Dburksmem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for all the welcomes. I am from Mississippi.

@swathdiver this is my wife's daily driver, grocery getter, and our road trip vehicle. Wife works from home so this truck will see very little use outside of the road trips we take yearly.

@Joseph Garcia I do plan to participate. I have learned alot about these vehicles during my time lurking.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the welcomes. I am from Mississippi.

@swathdiver this is my wife's daily driver, grocery getter, and our road trip vehicle. Wife works from home so this truck will see very little use outside of the road trips we take yearly.

@Joseph Garcia I do plan to participate. I have learned alot about these vehicles during my time lurking.
Glad you mentioned this as I have a word of advice for you. Even when not being driven, the truck's computers turn on and off all the time to do various things and this of course discharges the battery. If your wife makes numerous short trips, this will further deplete the battery, it never gets a chance to become fully re-charged. We see this a lot post-covid with people of complaining of bad batteries in their new cars.

Anyhow, the solution here is to put the truck on a battery tender when you know she's going to be sitting or just uses it for errands not far from home. There are lots of choices out there, we even have a guy on here who attends a battery tender anonymous counseling as he's seemingly addicted to them!

@Spoolin

Search "battery tender"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts