New here; my third suburban, first time on the forums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyrant

Reaction score
I figured I'd introduce myself, since I'll be posting periodically with questions and projects.

Growing up, my family had an '86 Suburban and a '93. I learned to drive in those beasts, then fell in love with performance imports and classic muscle. Half a lifetime later, I moved to the snowy Midwest and realized that winters here would be harsh on my Challenger, so I decided to go back to my roots.

Fortunately for me, the combination of insane gas prices and the small population led me to a hell of a deal on the beast in my signature. She wouldn't make a good fit for most people today - 11 MPG is a hard pill to swallow, but my commute is ridiculously short and I couldn't resist.

I've been slowly working my way through routine maintenance and upgrades over the past few months, but I'll really tear into her once my Challenger hits the pavement again.

For the time being, I'm working on a (discreet) audio update. Console mounted subwoofer (mono amp) and components up front/coaxials in the rear doors(4 channel). I'm not a major audiophile, but I do like my upgrades.

I'll be around, asking questions and posting periodic updates.

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

What part of the snowy Midwest are you hailing from?

Post up some pictures of your Suburban.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

OP
OP
T

Tyrant

Reaction score
Thank you all! My apologies for not checking back sooner; I've been tearing into one project after another and haven't made time for posting anything. I'll have to shoot some photos later, as she's absolutely filthy right now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shawn7253