New headlights installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i still like the idea of the LED parking lights despite the others I've seen who are missing LED's after a short time.

What if you run the parking lights to a relay and then to your batt direct and then ground each light securely to the frame? I think this may help if not eliminate the fuse issue as your fuse would then be before the new relay. You could test again the LED polarity connecting straight to 12v

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something is obviously wrong with either your new lights or your wiring. I wouldn't add any relay or modify your stock wiring, but do fix your sockets if they're bad. And no don't add a load resistor to the park light circuit, it will just blow the fuse faster since it adds a load to make up for a LED which has little resistance. So fix your wiring and if there's still a problem, it's your new lights.

OP
OP
chevrol8t

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something is obviously wrong with either your new lights or your wiring. I wouldn't add any relay or modify your stock wiring, but do fix your sockets if they're bad. And no don't add a load resistor to the park light circuit, it will just blow the fuse faster since it adds a load to make up for a LED which has little resistance. So fix your wiring and if there's still a problem, it's your new lights.
Leaning heavily to my new lights. I can plug my OEM lights back in the sockets and they work just perfectly. As soon as I plug the new lights in...POP!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it was me, I'd return those to CARiD. I hate that company anyway though, they took my money once for something they say they had in stock, then it took 2 months to get it back when they couldn't deliver. Dishonest mofo's if you ask me. I'll NEVER buy from them again. I wouldn't believe a damn thing they say. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe