Upgrading Headlights and Fog/Running Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All great options. But, if you don't want to get into housing swaps, you can always run higher wattage incandescent bulbs with the Fleece all on board. Hella has 80w 9006 and 100w 9005 bulbs. I run these in my Tahoe and the open highway at night is sooooo clear.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
As I'm 60 years old, I'm finding it difficult to see in the dark while driving my 2005 Yukon. Therefore, I'm looking for some affordable options to upgrade the forward-facing lights. Can you suggest some options that provide good value for money? Thanks!
I believe boost auto makes tap relays for the 4 high mod to keep low and high beams on when your high beams are on it’s pretty easy to install. They also make one to keep your fog lights on with your high beams

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All great options. But, if you don't want to get into housing swaps, you can always run higher wattage incandescent bulbs with the Fleece all on board. Hella has 80w 9006 and 100w 9005 bulbs. I run these in my Tahoe and the open highway at night is sooooo clear.
I went to Hella websites. ( 2 different logos, but also tried the 'Yellow-logo' website.....
I think Hella is on vacation. Sites don't work, etc...

wilcfr

Reaction score
Having used both LED and HID's I can tell you the HIDs are way better. I'm 72 and have been installing them in my vehicles since the early 2000's (Sierra, Tahoe, 4Runner, Express). They were expensive back then, but they've come down in price. I just bought a set of high and lows for my 2010 Express Explorer Custom to replace LEDs I put in 5 years ago. The old eyes need more help. I'm thinking about buying LEDs for the fogs and see if they help any over OEM.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having used both LED and HID's I can tell you the HIDs are way better. I'm 72 and have been installing them in my vehicles since the early 2000's (Sierra, Tahoe, 4Runner, Express). They were expensive back then, but they've come down in price. I just bought a set of high and lows for my 2010 Express Explorer Custom to replace LEDs I put in 5 years ago. The old eyes need more help. I'm thinking about buying LEDs for the fogs and see if they help any over OEM.
Also.... Cataract surgery ... trust me, it is wonderful !! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts