New guy here, looking for info.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been looking for some information and stumbled upon this forum. I've already done a search but want more specific information, so here goes....

I will be acquiring an '05 Yukon XL SLT and have been researching on headlights. I have come these two different sets and would like opinions, pics (from those of you who have these installed), and more info. from those with experience and knowledge. There is quite a bit of difference in price between each. I'm assuming that I use the stock bulbs (will use Silverstar Ultra lights for low & hi)? Thanks for any help. Here are the sets:

The first is a Denali Projector Headlight - (click on pic for website link)

DenaliProjectorHeadlight.gif

The second brand is a Spyder Projector, Direct OE replacement headlight - (click on pic for website link)

SpyderYukonheadlights.gif

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums first of all. Glad you joined us here. :welcome: Secondly, the first set of headlights you posted are the stock housings converted to have the denali projectors in them meaning they will use halogen or HID bulbs and the link shows that the bulbs are already included. I personally feel like this look is better than the second link, however, it is also much more expensive. The second one does not come with the halogen or HID bulbs and so you would either have to get your own HID kit in addition to the housings or use silverstar bulbs like you are talking about.

OP
OP
Venom One

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums first of all. Glad you joined us here. :welcome: Secondly, the first set of headlights you posted are the stock housings converted to have the denali projectors in them meaning they will use halogen or HID bulbs and the link shows that the bulbs are already included. I personally feel like this look is better than the second link, however, it is also much more expensive. The second one does not come with the halogen or HID bulbs and so you would either have to get your own HID kit in addition to the housings or use silverstar bulbs like you are talking about.

Thanks for the welcome. Would you know what the quality of the first set is like? Are the bulbs that it comes with regular bulbs? If so, I'm assuming that with the first kit I would be able to use HID bulbs in the low and hi with silverstars? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Venom One

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump....anyone? Would it be ok/beneficial to have the Denali lights with Silverstar Ultras for both low and hi beams?

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
It wouldn't be beneficial IMO to have the Denali lights rather than the Silverstars since HIDs are far superior to Silverstars. The sale ad link says the HID bulbs are included with the housings for the Denali projector ones you have linked first. I say get those and then buy Silverstars for your hi beams.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Venom One

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't be beneficial IMO to have the Denali lights with Silverstars as HIDs are far superior to Silverstars. The sale ad link says the HID bulbs are included with the housings for the Denali projector ones you have linked first. I say get those and then buy Silverstars for your hi beams.

Cool. Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz