New from TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HillCountryNative

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 391441

Nothing too special here but I am happy with the satin steel metallic and Gideon/Very Dark Atmosphere interior. The nittos are stock sized... but I didnt want to sacrifice the extra 20lbs per tire and wider contact patch on a 5.3 which will mostly see highway miles.

View attachment 391442

Got it from the local fire barn auction with 2,150 original miles on it. They were using it as a field pump truck so it had a 300 gal water tank in the bed and pump in the passengers seat. Granny geared 4 speed with NP203 t-case but funny enough they optioned it with highway gears in the diffs. The small block was de-smogged and the typical Edelbrock performer cam / intake. Grabbed an interior out of the junk yard and the better looking mirrors and rally wheels from an 83. Added a real roll bar for safety purposes plus I think it looks pretty good. Other than that its all original with minimal rust. Could use a nicer Saddle colored interior and a set of heads / full exhaust but Im happy as it is for now.

View attachment 391443

Here she is at work lol
Both look great. Ive got a 91 Jimmy that brings attention. What size tires are on your burb and is it lifted or is it stock? I've got a 2023 Z71 Burb and wanting to go bigger on the tire size but would like to keep the suspension stock.

OP
OP
K5-Z71

K5-Z71

Reaction score
Both look great. Ive got a 91 Jimmy that brings attention. What size tires are on your burb and is it lifted or is it stock? I've got a 2023 Z71 Burb and wanting to go bigger on the tire size but would like to keep the suspension stock.
Others have stated you can go up to a 285 on stock level suspension though it appears all these trucks sit slightly different from factory. I went with the stock tire size for the Ridge Grapplers as this rig sees many highway miles and I don't feel the sightly better appears was worth all the drawbacks. Even with the same tire size the Ridge Grapplers appear larger as the side lugs extend out further and these tires make the truck handle way better!

I always loved the grill that the 90's Jimmy!

OP
OP
K5-Z71

K5-Z71

Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! Love the Blazer! And your Burb isn’t too shabby either. :cool: :beer:

ETA: oh yeah, we’re both in Texas. Lol. I’m In Tyler. Whereabouts are you located?
Thanks for the compliment! I'm just south of Houston but also make it out to Austin for work. Tyler TX seems like a nice place, I may have to venture up to one of the lakes in that region some time.