New from TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K5-Z71

Reaction score
Hi all, picked up a 6k mile 2022 Z71 Suburban just before the end of the year. For some reason I had it in my head that a Toyota would be my next truck but fond I wasn't satisfied with any after test driving some LC's and Sequoia's. I kept seeing the new Z71's drive up on the private jet ramps where I work so I figured if its good enough for them its good enough for me.. after a test drive I had to have one, they are much nicer than expected!

So far I have swapped the tires for some Ridge Grapplers, 20% window and 70% windshield tint, darkened the front side markers, auto stop eliminator, Pedal commander, center console armrest phone charger, locked out the exhaust butterfly valve and added a Picasou streaming box.

I've got my eye on a leveling kit, stealthbox subwoofer install retrofitting the video rearview mirror and quad exhaust.

The truck left me stranded once already with the autostart BCM fault and of course I live under the threat of the DFM failures but I can handle those given how comfortably and well these new truck drive.

- See you all in the forums!

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you made a educated decision, knowing the issues that may pop up.. Good on you! Most go in without ever knowing what is, or isnt, the common issues with a vehicle.

Welcome from Beautiful Colorful Colorado!

Do us a favor, and finish filling out your profile so we know what you drive, and where in the world, you are!

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF from NY!

Looking at your avatar, is it safe to assume you have an old square body in your fold as well? My dad had a K5 Blazer he bought new back in '79. Rear cap was removeable. What a fun rig that was!

Post some pics of your new ride! And pics of the K5 if my assumption was correct, of course.

OP
OP
K5-Z71

K5-Z71

Reaction score
20230125_164241.jpg

Nothing too special here but I am happy with the satin steel metallic and Gideon/Very Dark Atmosphere interior. The nittos are stock sized... but I didnt want to sacrifice the extra 20lbs per tire and wider contact patch on a 5.3 which will mostly see highway miles.

20210725_061122_IMG_3125.jpeg

Got it from the local fire barn auction with 2,150 original miles on it. They were using it as a field pump truck so it had a 300 gal water tank in the bed and pump in the passengers seat. Granny geared 4 speed with NP203 t-case but funny enough they optioned it with highway gears in the diffs. The small block was de-smogged and the typical Edelbrock performer cam / intake. Grabbed an interior out of the junk yard and the better looking mirrors and rally wheels from an 83. Added a real roll bar for safety purposes plus I think it looks pretty good. Other than that its all original with minimal rust. Could use a nicer Saddle colored interior and a set of heads / full exhaust but Im happy as it is for now.

IMG_2128.jpeg

Here she is at work lol

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&NY!

Excellent choice. The 21-23 Suburban-Tahoe-Yukon are all over the place in my neck of the woods. Some police agencies down here are getting them as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues