New from Sandpoint, ID..2015 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m new to the forum, have a 15 Tahoe 4WD. I’m a devoted Chevy guy for 55 years. This is my 3rd new Tahoe. About 1 month ago on startup I had lifter noise, took it to the dealership that I purchased from. They had me leave it, the result was 2 collapsed lifters and 1 bent pushrod. It had at the time 62500 miles, has always been garaged and serviced per manufacturer or better. Upon tear down they also discovered radiator was leaking. I have an aftermarket warranty that seems pretty worthless,(want to use aftermarket parts). Pretty upset with GM as this is a well known problem. This is my 7th new Chevy and 16th overall. Currently own the Tahoe, 16 Silverado Z71 reg cab short bed and 69 Z28 X33. GM doesn’t seem to want to help very much with these problems. Any comments...

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this.
If all you need are two lifters and a pushrod, and a radiator, I'd see what they're quoting you out of warranty cost and maybe compare it to another shop that will use OEM parts?

Welcome to the forum - I love Sandpoint by the way, I spend a good amount of time up there (and Bonners) in the winter and summer.
Been boarding at Schweitzer 4-5 times this season.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

If the rest of the Tahoe appears to be in good shape, as suggested above, find a local repair shop, which will most likely give you more flexibility in parts supplied and at a lower price.

shock

Reaction score
Taylor Chevrolet? I just bought my Tahoe there. Can’t say I was impressed. But they had the used Tahoe I wanted.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I read your other thread where you detailed your issues and your complaints regarding GM’s refusal to cover your truck even though it’s several thousand miles past it’s warranty. Please keep this to one thread , there’s no need to start more than one thread complaining about the same thing. Thanks.

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m new to the forum, have a 15 Tahoe 4WD. I’m a devoted Chevy guy for 55 years. This is my 3rd new Tahoe. About 1 month ago on startup I had lifter noise, took it to the dealership that I purchased from. They had me leave it, the result was 2 collapsed lifters and 1 bent pushrod. It had at the time 62500 miles, has always been garaged and serviced per manufacturer or better. Upon tear down they also discovered radiator was leaking. I have an aftermarket warranty that seems pretty worthless,(want to use aftermarket parts). Pretty upset with GM as this is a well known problem. This is my 7th new Chevy and 16th overall. Currently own the Tahoe, 16 Silverado Z71 reg cab short bed and 69 Z28 X33. GM doesn’t seem to want to help very much with these problems. Any comments...
You’re only ~4% over your warranty which stinks that they’re being sticklers but sometimes they aren’t willing to take the long view. I’ve had good luck with GM replacing stuff past warranty if it was clearly an issue prior. It’s one of the reasons I have them note EVERY single thing I have a question about (odd clunking in trans, jerky acceleration at times...that sort of stuff). I think it comes down to the dealer and whether they believe they can convince GM to cover their repair costs. Fwiw, you’re going to get A LOT of “protect the queen!” here but don’t sweat it and don’t let it deter you. My suggestion would be to keep pushing the dealer especially if you had ANY issues prior to this. I once had a Chrysler trans covered because the dealer, who was awesome, was able to “find a bolt that was loose and must have causes the problem”. If they want to help they will.

Coobie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How long (miles/years) do you expect GM to cover your vehicle ?? I believe 60,000 miles on your warranty coverage IS OVER.Its sad in todays society everyone is looking for more FREE shit.Sorry your vehicle took a dump but now YOU have to pay for it not GM..

Last edited: