New door stickers - how do you do it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapitein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I might know the answer to this (im screwed), but hey, I figured id try the forum, maybe theres hope.

I need a new door sticker, the one with the VIN and the vehicle weights on. Im trying to get my XL Denali correctly registered here in Europe. At the moment im only permitted to tow 3300lbs with it, and I want to get this increased to the normal 7900lbs.

Part of the paperwork process requires info from the door sticker. My current one is *****.

Is there any official way to sort this?

Attachments

• IMG_20220116_160712.jpg
    IMG_20220116_160712.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 8

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't a photo of the RPO codes in the glovebox serve as an official way to get the paperwork processed? It has the towing-related codes that translate into specific maximum towing weight numbers for the truck.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I might know the answer to this (im screwed), but hey, I figured id try the forum, maybe theres hope.

I need a new door sticker, the one with the VIN and the vehicle weights on. Im trying to get my XL Denali correctly registered here in Europe. At the moment im only permitted to tow 3300lbs with it, and I want to get this increased to the normal 7900lbs.

Part of the paperwork process requires info from the door sticker. My current one is *****.

There are companies that do reprints. Grab one off the internet and put your VIN and production date on it. It does not however, specify the tow rating so not sure what the government is looking for unless it is in the VIN in some database. What year is your truck?

OP
OP
Kapitein

Kapitein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is an 07 Yukon XL Denali. Max trailering weight is 7900lbs.

The problem I (mainly) have is that its a government organisation - so common sense goes right out of the window.

What I need is a 'statement of masses' I found 2 companies that can provide this. Vintage vehicle services in Canada, and VDocs here in Europe.

Ive tried with Vintage vehicle services and I just cant seem to pay them! They process payment only by CC (locally, on a merchant machine) and none of my 3 credit card companies here in Europe will allow the transaction, as they deem it potentially vulnerable to fraud.

VDocs require a picture of the Door sticker (amongst other things) in order to produce the document I need). The DMV equivalent here also asked to see the door sticker, but I get the feeling they might be a bit more flexible.

Ive provided them with the RPO codes, the official GMC trailering guides and specs, the owners handbook, even the sticker on the hitch... all to no avail. What they want is a document, with the VIN number and some sort of declaration saying the truck can haul 7900lbs.

My route to that involves my door sticker, which I typically dont have :(

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Try.https://autodatalabels.com/

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is an 07 Yukon XL Denali. Max trailering weight is 7900lbs.

Ive provided them with the RPO codes, the official GMC trailering guides and specs, the owners handbook, even the sticker on the hitch... all to no avail. What they want is a document, with the VIN number and some sort of declaration saying the truck can haul 7900lbs.

My route to that involves my door sticker, which I typically dont have :(
That label does not say your truck can haul 7900 pounds. Also, in 2007 a Yukon XL Denali was rated for 7,700 pounds. Only your owner's manual states what the maximum towing capacity is in that year and the Gross Combined Weight Rating (14,000 pounds) as well.

From your owner's manual:

1642701057357.png

OP
OP
Kapitein

Kapitein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems autodatalabels only sell to autobody repair shops, plus you need a photo of the original sticker, which I don't have :(

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You are going to need to do some photoshopping to get a replacement made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700