New djm lca and belltech spindles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junior209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I replaced my old djm lca for there new lca. I also added some old belltech spindles I had. Got it aligned and seems like my wheels stick out more. Also seems higher then before. Do the torsion bars have to go a certain way also. If anyone can help me out of appreciate it.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's possible the LCA being altogether different was manufactured a **** hair longer than the old piece which multiplies the distance after a spindle, hub and wheel is bolted on. Even the spindle could be taller and and wider than the previous, displaying the effects of which after the wheels are attached. Not a big deal if the horizontal geometry of moving parts and linkage appears correct. It's nothing that would surprise me, to be short.

The torsion bars should me be marked for orientation before disassembly and reinstalled exactly the same way per service exercise, at least if you want the ride height to remain the same. Personally, I would rotate it 180-deg if I could go back & do it all over again to take advantage of the rebound effects. Same as flipping your mattress over, when putting into perspective. You can adjust the torsion bar keys to make minor adjustments in ride height. But jack the front end up entirely from the ground to relieve the tension before doing so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Junior209

Junior209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll rotate the passenger torsion bar and see what happens. The driver side is good. The passenger side the key is cranked almost all the way down to get the ride height the same as the driver side.

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you tighten/torque the control arms while the suspension was at full droop? If so that’s why the suspension could be held up. Poly and rubber bushings need the suspension to be loaded, i.e. like when it’s on the ground, for it to sit right. Could also be the torsion bar adjustment is too high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick