New 275/60/20 BFG A/T KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I did the chalk test and 42-44 seems to be a good pressure for me...not sure what was up with the bouncing...rides fine now.
The first day I had the tires they road great, I think there was about 34 psi in the tires. Took it in to get some service and I think they changed it, there was about 41 psi. And the ride was not very good, the whole vehicle was vibrating, like my tires were unbalanced.. so then I started messing with the "relearn tire positions" feature and manipulating the air pressure. Then I was getting a service tire pressure monitor system warning and none of the tires were showing a reading on the computer, so I put them all at 42 (after reading this thread) and the ride was bad. So I went and got them balanced, and they reset the tire pressure monitors and now they are all at 41 PSI, and the warning light is gone. SO... now the ride is better, but it seems a bit rough. Should I go back down to 34-36 (door jam suggests 32), or is 34 too low for these tires? I don't want them to wear unevenely. Its also warm and humid in Louisiana, so how can that effect the PSI I need to run? Any help is wanted, I just don't think my truck is riding quite as smooth as it should be.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I ran mine around 38-40psi and they didn't ride bad to me. Door suggestion is for 275/55R20. Since the sidewall is only a tiny bit taller you could run 34. Yes warm weather will keep the psi set the same but when it gets cold it will drop in psi. Just watch the tire wear and keep them rotated.

Reaction score
I ran mine around 38-40psi and they didn't ride bad to me. Door suggestion is for 275/55R20. Since the sidewall is only a tiny bit taller you could run 34. Yes warm weather will keep the psi set the same but when it gets cold it will drop in psi. Just watch the tire wear and keep them rotated.

I'm running 275/55/20's. Should I go down as low as 32? That seemed a little low even with highway tires. It did ride good though lol

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
That's stock size and that's what I run in my Pirellis no problems. Anything higher my tpms goes off

Reaction score
I would drop down to 34psi and see how the tread wears. Since they are stock size and class C it doesnt need to be over 40psi unless towing heavy loads to get max load on tire.

Here's a link to the perfect way to get the right psi for tires.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/tire-wheel-package-guide/tire-pressure-checker.aspx

I have them at 34 front and 35 rear and its riding a lot better. Should I just be looking at the sides of the tire to make sure the lower inflation isn't tearing up the outer tread? They do not look under inflated at all.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I would run the fronts with more air than rears because of the little bit heavier weight up front. I would watch the tread edges as GMs infamous front suspension likes to chew up outer edges while turning. Nothing you can do to stop it but rotate tires more often. I rotate mine every 4-5k miles. As far as under inflated that won't happen until 20-25psi range.

Reaction score
took them down to 33 front/rear and it rides like it should again. thanks for all of y'alls input. Never messed with tire pressure so much or knew it had that much effect on things. got it all cleaned up. pics to come

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz