New 2013 Yukon Denali-thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polara6t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have come across a new 2013 Denali. Shipped to the dealer in April 13 of 2013. 14 miles on the odometer. How do you think about establishing fair pricing given the reality of the car's age? Original list with most options was $64,000 and current price is $56,000. I am guessing looking at 2013's with 15,000ish miles listing in the high $40s that trade in prices would be in mid $40s. My biggest concern is the gap between sale price and what the insured value of the car would be if it got hit by an asteroid and was totaled. Any pricing resources for new 2 year old Yukons really welcome!

Thanks in advance for thoughts or ideas!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all the incentives how the heck does a new 13 stay on a dealer's lot. :think:

Try cargurus.com to see everything that's available out there. Personally $50Kish is where I would start negotiating from and not pay much more than that ... although if the dealer has held off this long who knows how much he'd be willing to negotiate.

Last edited:

scryfst

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would call my agent, give her the vin, and tell her I'm interested in buying this vehicle. If I were to buy this SUV, drive it home and it was totaled a week later what would the insured value be? I wouldn't pay a dime more! At that price someone is going to get hosed and be upside down until the day that truck is paid for. There are just too many used, very well maintained, Denali's for sale at reasonable/fair prices to overpay simply because it only has 14 miles on the clock.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I would call my agent, give her the vin, and tell her I'm interested in buying this vehicle. If I were to buy this SUV, drive it home and it was totaled a week later what would the insured value be? I wouldn't pay a dime more! At that price someone is going to get hosed and be upside down until the day that truck is paid for. There are just too many used, very well maintained, Denali's for sale at reasonable/fair prices to overpay simply because it only has 14 miles on the clock.

Not to mention sitting is a vehicles worst enemy, and I'm assuming its outside at a dealer too. Id go over it with a fine tooth comb, and like said double check with your insurance and what not.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it ever titled? If so do a person search on the owner. Pay the 3 bucks to get their phone number online and give them a call and ask what the hell happened? I brought a jaguar years ago for way too cheap. The car was super clean and I was so worried. I did the reverse lookup called the guy and found out he was just stupid rich and donated the car for tax purposes. He asked me to look in the cd changer cause he left a cd in there. I sent it to him and he sent me a ton of stuff he still had for the car.

OP
OP
P

polara6t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for their thoughts this is a true untitled 13 that has been on the lot for almost two years. Now this is the rub my insurance agency will only insure the car for current value..in this case $47,000. And that is a long walk from where the dealer's price is set. As my insurance agent said it may be brand new but any accident and it is two years old.

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for their thoughts this is a true untitled 13 that has been on the lot for almost two years. Now this is the rub my insurance agency will only insure the car for current value..in this case $47,000. And that is a long walk from where the dealer's price is set. As my insurance agent said it may be brand new but any accident and it is two years old.

I don't know that the dealer will go that low in price, but you can always look at gap insurance if you're financing it. I bought gap insurance once on a vehicle and it was actually cheaper to get the gap insurance than not get it. The bank gave an extra half point off the loan if I bought the gap policy. It was actually $7 a month cheaper for the payment with gap than without it and they even beat my credit union's low rate with that gap discount. The downside is if you trade it in you'll be upside down so keep that in mind.

The other good thing about your potential new two year old vehicle. If it was never registered in service then you have a brand new vehicle warranty that starts now, bumper to bumper and powertrain warranty past that.

HUMBL57

AC Guru
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would steer clear no matter what you could get if for. Think of how much of a beating that truck took just sitting there. Even being washed by the third party companies who go through and wash all the cars where they sit on the lot. Not worth it... Even if you could get a finance company to finance it, not really worth it. A brand new current model year vehicle 'depreciates' as soon as you take it off the lot. Think about how the value will plummet on a brand new 2 model year old vehicle that's not even current body style... Opinion exhausted...

OP
OP
P

polara6t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well thought I would close the loop and now proud to say I am a first time owner of a Yukon Denali. So first a thank you to all for your insights and opinions. The dealer over several weeks came down $6100 dollars. Yes there is still a gap of $1900 to the insure value...but since it is a 2013 it is classified as a used car in terms of premiums...nice savings. Net the price is in shouting distance of 15-20m mile used 2013s. Full warranties in effect and 17 miles on the odometer. It has an interesting story but was one of two identical Denalis ordered by the dealer. The twin was sold 1 year ago Jan 2014. Funny story they went to start my Denali for the test drive but it had a dead battery so they drove and bought the twin.

I got them to replace the battery/wipers and oil change. It has been just 4 snowy days and I am in total love with this car. At 6'5" it fits me perfect..more later but again thanks to all and glad to be in the club!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metal2forall