New 2013 Tahoe Owner Traded my 08 EXT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diamondbackjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've sold every vehicle I've owned for more than I purchased it for. I have lost money in aftermarket upgrades, but that's a given.

booyaltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've sold every vehicle I've owned for more than I purchased it for. I have lost money in aftermarket upgrades, but that's a given.

Do you buy them at auction and then put very few miles on them? Or are you claiming the same thing as the OP where you sell it for more than you currently owe and not count your payments as lost value?

diamondbackjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you buy them at auction and then put very few miles on them? Or are you claiming the same thing as the OP where you sell it for more than you currently owe and not count your payments as lost value?

no, I wasn't agreeing with the OP. I was saying that leasing is the dumbest thing possible.

I have never bought anything from an auction, I haven't ever even been to an auction...? and no, I'm not talking about selling for pay off... as I haven't had to make payments. I buy vehicles used from private sellers... and then sell them to other private sellers.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is going to make the new guy wanna jump off a cliff.

From my CB Radio.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I drove an escalade for 4 years, and before that for 8 years with 4 differnt models, it was time for a change since every year i hear NEW ESCALADE comming out, and again they dont have a prototype at the auto show thius year, which means prob no new escalade till 2015. I almost got a corvette instead of the Tahoe anyways But went for better judgement.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I do own my own business and Its smarter for me to lease then to buy, you cant buy a car and sell it 36 month later without lossing a SHIT load more then leasing.

There is going to be a new Escalade by the end of the year so your 2015 statement is a bit flawed.
On the other hand, I am not going to pick on you for leasing a car.
The other day I calculated how much a 36 month lease on an Audi was after a 27,000 deposit. The monthly payments were real low, and the total came out to be around $34k.
If I had bought the car outright, the value of it after 3 years would have been around $40k at the most).
Moral of the story is a lot of people like to say at the end of a lease, one has nothing to show for all those payments (basically no car). What people forget to include is the fact that after a lease, one does not have to worry about selling the car. Basically, if the car was bought new with financing, one can come out on top with just a lease if they stayed within the mileage limits, and maintain the car. The new financed car depreciating over the years + interest fees, can sometimes end up being more $ than what a lease would have ran for that exact same time period.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything aside......

OP...... what I don't understand is the logic of ......

The new Escalades are not out, so I will buy a Tahoe. Its a fact..... when the new Escalade comes out, the Tahoe is toast too. The GMT900 line is all related.

From my CB Radio.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lee, I assume it's because on a lease he doesn't need to worry about extra depreciation resulting from a gen. change.

And Pete's not bothered about having newer gen trucks pulling up next to him at the red light ... whereas I of course would shoot myself in shame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia