New 2010 Yukon Xl Denali Owner. Question about center console.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stimpy911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my Denali I bought but I was wondering if there are any other options for the middle console where the cup holders are? The fancy of it kinda takes away the usefulness. Just wondering if it can be replaced with any other type of insert that allows more openness? Does that make sense?

0724181724.jpg

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately be prepared to open up your wallet a bit. For what accounts to just a simple piece of plastic, the console inserts are EXPENSIVE.

Average prices for the "open" style are $80 used. The LTZ/Denali style is even more ridiculous as they typically sell in the hundreds. I guess the upside is if you're sure you'll never want to go back to your original style, you can sell your old one you remove for more than you pay for the "open" style one you buy.

nadthomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to sell your original one let me know, mine is in kind of rough shape.

Reaction score
I replaced the one in my 2011 Denali with a standard type one pictured above. It snaps right out/in. I got it new off ebay for $80 shipped

2001 Yukon SLT
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, the fancy one looks nice in my LTZ, but it serves no purpose and I'm looking for the LT one. It's my only complaint coming from my 05 Tahoe that had TONS of console space, to now... I can fit 2 drinks and a that's it!

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eventually when I can find a deal on an "open" style insert, I'll be making the change myself. I had considered trying to find some 3M vinyl wrap that is the same or close to the same as the factory Denali woodgrain and wrapping the lip/edge of the open insert so it looked less out of place.

Small thread hijack, but has anyone come across any vinyl wrap that was the same or close?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eventually when I can find a deal on an "open" style insert, I'll be making the change myself. I had considered trying to find some 3M vinyl wrap that is the same or close to the same as the factory Denali woodgrain and wrapping the lip/edge of the open insert so it looked less out of place.

Small thread hijack, but has anyone come across any vinyl wrap that was the same or close?
No but you can have it hydrodipped or something like that. Guy on here did all Woodgrain trim pieces... looked good.
@93blkongreenpro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper