'07 Yukon XL Denali exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '07 Yukon XL Denali that is starting to show signs that the exhaust needs to be replaced after 17 years.

I would like to replace it with the exact same stainless system since it has lasted this long. The crossover pipe with the CATS I am not sure about but probable they need to be replaced as well.

Wondering if any one might have a system off a 2013-2015 Yukon XL (or maybe Suburban/Caddy) that would fit mine? If so let me know.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a '07 Yukon XL Denali that is starting to show signs that the exhaust needs to be replaced after 17 years.

I would like to replace it with the exact same stainless system since it has lasted this long. The crossover pipe with the CATS I am not sure about but probable they need to be replaced as well.

Wondering if any one might have a system off a 2013-2015 Yukon XL (or maybe Suburban/Caddy) that would fit mine? If so let me know.
I have an '07 also with 243K on the original exhaust, but the exhaust is still perfect. Where is yours failing, exactly?

To answer your question though, I would check car-part.com for lower-mileage units in your area or in a drier climate. I would focus the search on '07-'13 rigs but I'm not 100% certain that the system is the same across that year range either.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '07 also with 243K on the original exhaust, but the exhaust is still perfect. Where is yours failing, exactly?

To answer your question though, I would check car-part.com for lower-mileage units in your area or in a drier climate. I would focus the search on '07-'13 rigs but I'm not 100% certain that the system is the same across that year range either.
I found the tailpipe coming out of the muffler was rusted and falling off this morning. I was able to tie wrap it up for now.

I am going to have a local guy I trust with my Yukon to put it up on a lift to see how bad (or good) the rest of the exhaust system is. Might be all good for I know......LOLLLL

I found a local guy selling parts off a 2015 Yukon (not XL) and I wonder if the exhaust on that would work?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found the tailpipe coming out of the muffler was rusted and falling off this morning. I was able to tie wrap it up for now.

I am going to have a local guy I trust with my Yukon to put it up on a lift to see how bad (or good) the rest of the exhaust system is. Might be all good for I know......LOLLLL

I found a local guy selling parts off a 2015 Yukon (not XL) and I wonder if the exhaust on that would work?
Not likely to work :-(

You might take it to a Midas or Meineke and see what they say. The system is stainless steel, so the damage may be limited to that one area. In which case, a muffler shop can make short work of the repair.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not likely to work :-(

You might take it to a Midas or Meineke and see what they say. The system is stainless steel, so the damage may be limited to that one area. In which case, a muffler shop can make short work of the repair.
Thanks for the info.

I am taking it to my local guy tomorrow so I will find out more at that time.

I also checked Car-Part.com and nothing local.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an '07 also with 243K on the original exhaust, but the exhaust is still perfect.

Mine is even still pretty much rust free. However when changed the oil last weekend I saw the braided sleeve thingy that is right behind the cat coupling fell off and slid back the pipe against the muffler. So it's just hanging out there now.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suggest taking it to a local exhaust/muffler shop. As @Geotrash stated above, it may be just a selective patch job, repairing any sections that are failing or about to fail.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Careful when shopping, most exhaust systems for these trucks use 3 inch tubing while our factory exhaust uses 3.5" tubing.

Your Y-Pipe with cats is a narrower diameter but does not have a third cat. It also connects to the rest of the exhaust with bolts/studs and nuts. The later setup (forget the year) uses 3.5" Y-Pipe with three cats and a clamp to connect to the rest of the exhaust.

If you are in California or a state with California or New York emissions, you have to replace it with those types if you live there.

My truck came with California emissions as it was ordered for a dealer in Pennsylvania. It now sports Federal emissions cats and lives in Florida.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Everything I’ve seen on Denali Gen 3 & Gen 4 (07-14) is that they have a full stainless exhaust, less the manifolds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts