Neverending brake issues.

reddtheLegend

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this has been a month long ordeal. Lost front and rear brake lines. Ordered a ni-copp kit. After some necessary rerouting of the right front line and bypassing the upper junction in the rear all lines are installed and no leaks. Bled the master cylinder, abs pump and all four corners. Solid lines of fluid while bleeding. Things seem to be fine but nope, pedal won't firm up. The only other thing I can think of is the master cylinder. I'll be installing that tomorrow and bleeding it all again. Is there something I missed? I'd rather not have to expose the system yet again if I don't have to.

PNW VietVet

CCW
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say, "bled the m/c, abs pump and all 4 corners, please describe in detail how that process was done. Someone inside pumping brakes or did you use an air bleeder?

reddtheLegend

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used some spare ni-copp to bleed the mc. Used a scan tool to bleed the abs pump and the 2 person method to bleed each corner.

Snowbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always start with the bleeder that is the farthest from master and work your way closer. Right rear, left rear, right front, left front.
What does rerouting of the right front line and bypassing upper junction in rear mean?

PNW VietVet

CCW
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the two person method, there is a chance of damaging the internal cup seal that pushes fluid. If the person inside let the pedal get too close to floor when you opened the bleeder, that is maybe the problem. I always use a section of 2x4 and put it under the pedal so it does not travel that far. Using an air bleeder for that stops that from happening.

reddtheLegend

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Because of where the truck is in my garage I couldn't route the right front line where the old line is. Had to run it along the bulkhead. With the rear lines there's upper and lower brackets. The upper bracket is a pain to get to so I got new rubber lines to connect to the hard lines, bypassing the upper bracket (hope it's not sounding too confusing).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylanv99

Latest posts