Need tire tools- where to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
As has been the case in every used vehicle I've acquired, someone stole the jack and all the tire tools. Mainly I need the extensions to crank the spare tire winch.

I post the question here because Amazon and Ebay are full of clone kits, many of which have horrible reviews, including well known aftermarket suppliers like Dorman. I don't want to waste money on something that will break the first use and leave me stranded. If anyone knows of a reputable brand, please share.

If I have to buy OEM, so be it.

I've already cruised through the u-pick yards and found the tools missing from every vehicle in the yards.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I just ran into a bunch of oem take offs on eBay. They’re out there. After using one to change a factory 20 for a brake job on our Yukon I’d not use it ever again. They’re widow makers. It literally bent the jack when the truck settled into the blocks. I gotcha if you want it for factory correct tho.

I went out and bought a 2 ton floor jack from China Freight and cut a couple of 4x4x6 & 4x4x12 wood blocks. They might all fit in the storage area of the rear quarter of the ESV we have now.

You can have the OEM one out of our 09 Esky if it’s still in there for $20 + cheapest shipping if you like. I’ll see if it’s in there in a few hours. I’ll put the funds toward an aluminum floor jack to keep in the truck full time. That AWD big ass’d truck is too phat for a factory jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
@petethepug thanks for the suggestion, found a complete set on eBay, OEM. I keep a significant tool set in the truck plus a high-lift jack, so I have alternative (better) tools for everything but the spare hoist.

I agree the factory tools don’t compare to aftermarket jacks and a good breaker bar and socket.

My main concern was not being stranded because I need the spare and having a chinese hoist driver break in half.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As has been the case in every used vehicle I've acquired, someone stole the jack and all the tire tools. Mainly I need the extensions to crank the spare tire winch.

I post the question here because Amazon and Ebay are full of clone kits, many of which have horrible reviews, including well known aftermarket suppliers like Dorman. I don't want to waste money on something that will break the first use and leave me stranded. If anyone knows of a reputable brand, please share.

If I have to buy OEM, so be it.

I've already cruised through the u-pick yards and found the tools missing from every vehicle in the yards.

I bought mine off ebay from a seller who specialized in used oe parts. I recently discovered that LKQ auto parts, the nationwide salvage yard, has a great search engine and they'll ship or tell you where the part is and might even show a photo of the part and truck it came out of.

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sort of feeling like there's a side hustle of guys working car lots or auctions who are stealing our tire tools and then selling them back to us on ebay.

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
That’s it. Next time I’m buying new. Or private party from the original owner at least. :deal: