Need some help!! Advice!! Input!! A-Arms or spindles? what coils are these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Ok, couple questions for ya. I just got some supposedly DJM 5" coils. But don't say anything on them, and aren't the "blue" color I thought these coils are. What coils are they??? NorCalSS, hopefully you know.
austinsphone071-1.gif
austinsphone069.gif
Also, will these coils be better then the current McGaughy 5" rear coils I currently have? Again, some opinions, and feedback from people who have used both would be great. Either way, guess I will try them and let everyone know the difference in the two.

Also, I am getting some front DJM lower A-Arms/control arms from a buddy, and am wondering if they are better to use them then my drop spindles I currently have? Opinions, or any body have feedback on what rides better, feels better? Again, NorCalSS, hopefully you will throw out some advice regarding both setups. I really wanna just install these A-Arms cause I need to replace my ball joints anyways, and this is an easy fix. But if I install with my current drop spindles, I will be sitting 5" low in the front right? Will really make my ass end stick up!! Or will these new rear coils drop me down some too?

Just trying to get some opinions on what I should do. Or if I did install A-Arms with drop spindles, how can I get my rear end lower?? Guess I could always go the bag route. And I just got these McGaughy rear 5" coils! Owe well, will find something to do with them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
those are the older style hd coils and ride bad.

a arms i allways change out bushings/balljoints on used sets save yourself problems and with spindles will sit way to low. do yourself a favor put the stock spindles on with the djm a arms and in rear tb djm spring and rear djm hardware kit and shocks and it will ride great.

look at the tahoe i posted up yesterday pulled the old kit off put the new on one and on 305 35 24s it sits at 32 in front 32.5 rear and guy loves the ride now

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Cool. The a-arms are brand new, buddy went a different route and never installed them, so no worries on bushings and ball joints. As for the coils, appreciate the response and input regarding them, good to know. But will install them and see what happens. Was told my current McGaughy 5" coils ride bad too, but really isn't that bad. So.... Might as well test them out, and check the difference for myself. Good thing I didn't pay anything for them, I love trading for stuff I don't use anymore!! Ya, TB springs are a possibility and sound great, but then again, so are bags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10