Need advice on 3 tahoe/yukons for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kly5953

Reaction score
2004 Z71 with around 200k
it's black, stain in the back carpet, it's worth noting that the steering linkage isn't in the best shape, needss a mirror, and the rear brakes(at least) will need replacing soon no major accidents. 8500
2005 denali with 140k
pretty much looks immaculate, obviously there's some wear and tear, but he's only asking 6k, I will look at the carfax later
2004 2wd LT at 175k
Looks great, maintained by local shop, one of those guys that just takes his mechanic's word(no problem with that btw), so all the basic stuff has been done, 6500

Obviously the 4wd vs AWD vs 2wd is a debate, not sure if I care which one I get, but the denali definitely can tow more and looks nicer inside
btw, they all have captains in the middle row, heated seats, sunroof, and a DVD player. This is a real toss up so at this point, which one is gonna be easier to maintain, if they arent all identical with maintenance?

I'll be making my purchase this weekend as we just found out how easy it'll be to unload our cherokee.
And if the pros and cons to each model is simply which one I like better, that's even better cause obviously I'd like a denali with the nicer interior.
I just wanna know which one is less likely to have gremlins or if the 4wd/awd systems are a PIA
Thanks to anyone and everyone.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Dantheman1540. The Denali also probably has the 6.0 and the other two probably have the 5.3 -- in case that matters to you. I wouldn't worry about 4WD vs AWD vs 2WD unless you have a specific need of any one of them, or unless you believe repairs will be required of the 4WD and/or the AWD system.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ditto with what @Dantheman1540 said. While I like the Z71, it does not have the electric fans and it needs a lot of work that you know of now but what work is needed that you don't know about and what the hell is the guy listing it for at $8500? Where is that guy located at, Shangrila?

OP
OP
kly5953

kly5953

Reaction score
I'm actually going to try to buy this weekend, I know prices are a little inflated, but still not bad at all for what I'm seeing. The one that was 8500 is definitely over priced a bit but it looks like he might be more flexible on price as well since it's a dealer.

Is there anyone on here that would be able to run a carfax for me? I don't mind paying for it, but also would love to get a free one if somebody could help me out.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It is your call of course but you asked for advice, listed all that is wrong that you know of on the Z71 and the higher mileage and no lists on the other rigs and lower mileage and we pointed to the other two rigs and you still lean toward the Z71. I think 2 things going on here, #1-you just really want the Z71 and #2-I think because it is a dealer, you can make payments, right?

I just bought a cream puff 2005 Z71 with 134k miles that is in great shape and I paid $8k for it. Of cours, it is your call. Your money, your choice. Maybe you just like fixing them right away. I can understand that as well.

OP
OP
kly5953

kly5953

Reaction score
It is your call of course but you asked for advice, listed all that is wrong that you know of on the Z71 and the higher mileage and no lists on the other rigs and lower mileage and we pointed to the other two rigs and you still lean toward the Z71. I think 2 things going on here, #1-you just really want the Z71 and #2-I think because it is a dealer, you can make payments, right?

I just bought a cream puff 2005 Z71 with 134k miles that is in great shape and I paid $8k for it. Of cours, it is your call. Your money, your choice. Maybe you just like fixing them right away. I can understand that as well.

:happy175:LOL i think you are misunderstanding what I was saying. I was just stating why I think it is more expensive. My hope is that the denali that I'm trying to look at in 20 minutes is in as good of shape as I think. The denali is what I really want cause...well it's cool as :poop: AND my finances are already worked out, I don't need a dealer for that, but that would be a benefit for some.
I don't want to spend any more than 7, and the reason I wasn't turned away from that Z is cause I could fix everything wrong on it this weekend, and it came with a good set of all terrains.
The denali has the most options,
the Z71 is well....a Z71 and everything is easy to fix
and the 2WD LT has almost as many options as the other two (interior wise) and looks to be in the best overall shape physically.

plus, another denali just popped up for sale near my house so now I got another one to look at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zrjo