Need a price check here. Deal or no deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruteForece

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I remember right, the dealer that I bought it from in Texas was asking a little over $27k, got it for $26.5 and drove it 800 miles back to Kansas.
The dealer I traded it in to in Missouri is now asking $29k for the Denali, which is way high even for a clean as it is.
I actually came out ahead by trading than trying to sell it outright, since I only have to pay sales tax on the difference of the trade, which will be less than $200 instead of $2000.

bizrjr

Reaction score
The Denali, Escalade, LTZ game is tough to get into. A Denali for example can be in the 45K range or more for a low mileage 2014 and could be in the same condition as a medium mileage 10 that you could get for the high 20K range. Personally in april 15 I went with a certified 2011 with 72K for 33999 from a Chevrolet dealer. I was brand new to the GM game coming from mustangs and ford trucks but now looking back I should have prob paid no more than 32500 but it was the only storm gray Denali I ever found for sale and clean as could be so I guess I won by getting exactly what I wanted but lost on not being too familiar with pricing.

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the price of a 2009 6.2 4X4 you can buy a run of the mill 5.3 and pay for the 6.2 conversion. Most 6.2's I located had way 1) over 100k miles 2) didn't exsist or the owner wanted over 35k for one.

BruteForece

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No doubt, that's the first thing I checked about this car. That's the only reason I'm including Tahoes as old as 09's in my vehicle search when I check autotrader and cars.com daily, the unicorn 4x4 6.2 Tahoe. If it had the 6.2 this thread would be about how I just purchased a low mileage 6.2 Tahoe. I'd pay their asking price for one in this color and mileage.

Not sure where you're located, but if your interested in a clean Denali with the 6.2 and 85k miles, it is at Reed Chevy in St. Joseph, MO.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, going to check out an 09 Tahoe LTZ locally at the dealership. Car just got trade in, second row captains, just under 54k miles. They're asking 31k for it which to me is still way high even with the low mileage. In thinking more like 25-26k out the door. Is this reasonable?

I'd pay 26 OTD for it...maybe 27 depending on how much I really liked it. The NNBS Tahoe/Yukons around here are low 30's for mileage under 60K. You can find them for low 20's but they have125-150K on them. I'd like to get into a NNBS Denali personally but not for over 30. GL.

OP
OP
M

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Denali, Escalade, LTZ game is tough to get into. A Denali for example can be in the 45K range or more for a low mileage 2014 and could be in the same condition as a medium mileage 10 that you could get for the high 20K range. Personally in april 15 I went with a certified 2011 with 72K for 33999 from a Chevrolet dealer. I was brand new to the GM game coming from mustangs and ford trucks but now looking back I should have prob paid no more than 32500 but it was the only storm gray Denali I ever found for sale and clean as could be so I guess I won by getting exactly what I wanted but lost on not being too familiar with pricing.
Yeah it's pretty frustrating how mileage isn't the best indicator of condition in these cars. In my search so far there's been a couple that were in better shape than others I've checked out with half the mileage.

OP
OP
M

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you're located, but if your interested in a clean Denali with the 6.2 and 85k miles, it is at Reed Chevy in St. Joseph, MO.
I've looked at Denalis and they seem to be cheaper than the equivalent year and mileage Tahoe LTZ. I love the 6.2 and like the interior of the Denali the most by far out of all the nnbs models but I just can't do that front end.

Ridechevy09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 09 Ltz fully loaded 4x4, for 23k had 78k miles on it, I didn't let up on the car sales man. The Tahoe had been sitting at the dealer ship for a while., at first they wanted 25 for it. they were desperate to sale it lol So I walked out the door with it for 23k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeker