Need a price check here. Deal or no deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, going to check out an 09 Tahoe LTZ locally at the dealership. Car just got trade in, second row captains, just under 54k miles. They're asking 31k for it which to me is still way high even with the low mileage. In thinking more like 25-26k out the door. Is this reasonable?

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can pick it up for $25/26k that is a good deal.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$31 is way too high. Either they have way too much in it or they are trying to make a huge margin. $25 would be fair or I would walk.

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased my fully loaded 2011 SLT, AC Seats, Captains, for 24K even. 85K miles, average for Texas. Asking was 29K - large New ford dealership. Truck is super clean

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Shlt I know the one your looking st has low miles, but 07-09 Tahoe around here in Michigan for like 8k-15k with 100-150k... I'd rather save 20grand and buy one with alittle more miles.

BruteForece

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I bought my 09 Yukon Denali, fully loaded with 76k from a dealer in Texas a year ago for $26.5K otd. I was really clean with no rust underneath.
I agree with the others here, their price is high. Although, I did just trade the Yukon in for a truck a few weeks ago, and the dealer is asking $29k for it now with 85k miles, just to give you an idea.

bizrjr

Reaction score
Wonder if it's one of the rare 2009 6.2 Tahoe's. Still high but something to look into as you negotiate.

OP
OP
M

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer gave me $25k for trade.
Wow, you made out awesome! I've never heard of anyone getting anything near what they paid for a car on a trade in. How much were they asking for the Denali when you bought it?
Wonder if it's one of the rare 2009 6.2 Tahoe's. Still high but something to look into as you negotiate.
No doubt, that's the first thing I checked about this car. That's the only reason I'm including Tahoes as old as 09's in my vehicle search when I check autotrader and cars.com daily, the unicorn 4x4 6.2 Tahoe. If it had the 6.2 this thread would be about how I just purchased a low mileage 6.2 Tahoe. I'd pay their asking price for one in this color and mileage.