NBS rear spring options 2-3" drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can onyone in here give me some help please. hate to threadjack. Im looking to lower the rear of my 05 denali roughly 2". I tow a pontoon boat every other weekend when the weather is nice and will have 3-7ppl in the truck. the boat weighs roughly 4500lbs loaded. I was looking on rockauto at the heavy duty avalanche springs with a higher spring rate but overall shorter height. Or would you recommend the Belltech 5321 with my autoride shocks adjusted?
Load Rate Rear 1300
Wire Diameter 0.640"
Load Rate Rear 590
Rear Spring Inside Diameter 4.4"
Spring Rate Rear Variable
Rear Spring Relaxed Length 17.2"
I’m running Belltech’s 2” lowering springs on my 02 Denali and adjusted my ride height adjuster rods by buying long threaded bolts and cutting the heads off to replace the threaded rods in there. I can’t remember if I had to shorten or lengthen them, I experimented until the auto level system raised it just right. I drove for our Hood-To-Coast Relay with 7 adults and a ton of gear in it and I was on 26’s at the time. I never rubbed a tire. I’ve also hauled a trailer with 2 tons of yard debris and it still levels out. I would try the Belltechs and adjust the rods and see if you need helper bags. I doubt you will.

oh05ext

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m running Belltech’s 2” lowering springs on my 02 Denali and adjusted my ride height adjuster rods by buying long threaded bolts and cutting the heads off to replace the threaded rods in there. I can’t remember if I had to shorten or lengthen them, I experimented until the auto level system raised it just right. I drove for our Hood-To-Coast Relay with 7 adults and a ton of gear in it and I was on 26’s at the time. I never rubbed a tire. I’ve also hauled a trailer with 2 tons of yard debris and it still levels out. I would try the Belltechs and adjust the rods and see if you need helper bags. I doubt you will.

Thank you

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come one guys I know people are running other springs besides the Eibach, I know TBSS store sells a "Custom" Belltech spring I'd love to find a part number from someone running them. There's also Maxtrax and I think Ridetech or somebody else makes some.

Plus I've seen some stuff about an OEM PPV spring for the NNBS trucks, anyone know if this will fit the NBS?
We’ll I have had crown, mcgaughys, and belltech all in my 04. I am now running 4230 belltech coil for a trailblazer with 2 coils cut out. Free travel mod as well. But I also have 60748 helper bags. Those made a big difference for just 100 bucks. I don’t keep any air in them unless I tow. I hve also had numerous sets of shocks. Belltech sp and they sucked in my opinion. Everyone has different preferences. I now have the bilstein 4600. 846A5B37-9666-4608-BA25-A191F7832ABB.jpeg A50A0F81-6F6F-4ED2-82AA-A4E9E8D00A0C.jpeg

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine a spring is supposed to be near full compression like this at ride height. Although I suppose with only 4.5" of up travel remaining there isn't a need for much more spring compression. Either way seems wrong, anybody care to post pics of their rear springs at ride height?

@iamdub @Rocket Man

View attachment 268511
That does not even look right. My coils do not touch like that

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’ll I have had crown, mcgaughys, and belltech all in my 04. I am now running 4230 belltech coil for a trailblazer with 2 coils cut out. Free travel mod as well. But I also have 60748 helper bags. Those made a big difference for just 100 bucks. I don’t keep any air in them unless I tow. I hve also had numerous sets of shocks. Belltech sp and they sucked in my opinion. Everyone has different preferences. I now have the bilstein 4600. View attachment 279055 View attachment 279056

Would you happen to have the full part number for them Bilsteins?

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not. I bought them off Amazon or eBay. Just type in bilstein shock for Tahoe. An it’s the yellow an blue ones. The 4600

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are long. Unlike the belltech but u see how low my Tahoe is an they ride great. They have a lot of travel when u fully compress them. I also have extenders.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are long. Unlike the belltech but u see how low my Tahoe is an they ride great. They have a lot of travel when u fully compress them. I also have extenders.

I have extenders as well. We have about the same drop so if they work for you, they should work for me. I have Bilstein 4600s that were from a Jeep XJ. They're the same dimensions (compressed and extended) as the Belltech SP drop shocks. I just pressed out the cross bar and opened up the bushing diameter a little and they bolted right in. They seem to work great but I'd like to compare their specs to the ones that are actually for a Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan