Mystery drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
805TahoeLS

805TahoeLS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome. Just curious---what are your measurements front and rear? Starting from the lower center edge of the wheelwell(above your tire)to the ground? Should be a level flat surface.
I dropped mine 3/4. It's an 03 Tahoe 4wd. With 22's the front measures 33 1/8" and the rear is 33 1/4". View attachment 246009
I used a kit from crownsuspension.com. I got the kit with the front lowering keys, rear lowering springs and rear shock extenders.
This is the kit I bought---https://www.crownsuspension.com/lowering/3/4-lowering-kit-4-coils-2-3-torsion-keys-with-shock-extenders/
You look a little higher then me, especially in the front. You probably can adjust the front keys to lower another 1/2"--1".

I measured 35" front and 36" in the rear. Is it even dropped?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

I cannot assist you with your specific question, as I have not altered the height of my truck. But as you can see, several other great folks on this Forum chimed in to assist you.

Knowledge is power!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look dropped to me just shock extenders for whatever reason.

275x55xR20-285x45xR22.png

Tire height makes a bit of a difference.

It does appear to be lowered a little bit in the rear. Not much in the front. On the autoride trucks the airbags in the shocks provide a bit of the ride height. If you have shock extenders and altered the rod for the autoride sensor you can get a little bit of drop.

It actually looks very similar to my stock Escalade platinum, which sits lower than the non platinum and has less rake. More like a 1/2 drop.

20180724_111142.jpg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would consider dropped springs and lowering spindles.

Lowering keys are a ripoff IMHO. The stock keys have as much adjustment as you really can go without negatively effecting the ride. Spindles are not much more $.

OP
OP
805TahoeLS

805TahoeLS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
275x55xR20-285x45xR22.png

Tire height makes a bit of a difference.

It does appear to be lowered a little bit in the rear. Not much in the front. On the autoride trucks the airbags in the shocks provide a bit of the ride height. If you have shock extenders and altered the rod for the autoride sensor you can get a little bit of drop.

It actually looks very similar to my stock Escalade platinum, which sits lower than the non platinum and has less rake. More like a 1/2 drop.

View attachment 246056
Yes, I think it was leveled in the back about 2". No way to be sure. Probably springs. 1 inch drop up front looks plausible.

I don't have autoride. I appreciate the feedback.

OP
OP
805TahoeLS

805TahoeLS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would consider dropped springs and lowering spindles.

Lowering keys are a ripoff IMHO. The stock keys have as much adjustment as you really can go without negatively effecting the ride. Spindles are not much more $.
Yes, I want a 2" drop up front. I like the DJM control arms, but they give a 3" drop. I understand that these trucks are higher in the back, so I was thinking a 4" in the back.

I'm looking at the Belltech 2/4 with spindles and coils. I wonder if I'll need the rear hardware kit and panhard.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And here is mine. 3/4. Maybe more. I sit at 33 in front an 33 1/4 in the rear. On 24s. 305 35 I have 2 inch mcgaughys spindles and 4230 trailblazer coils with helper bags. Bilstein 4600 shocks. 20200427_121245.jpg Frame surgery spohn panhard djm rear kit. I just got some 3/4 ton purple keys in the mail an trying to install tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia