Mystery drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

805TahoeLS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
20200430_080600.jpg 20200428_195424.jpg 20200430_115214.jpg I recently bought this Tahoe. The previous owner claims it was dropped 4 inches in the rear, and unknown drop using keys up front.

I really want it about 1-2 inches lower, but I'm afraid a 2/3 drop will be a waste of money because it'll actually be higher if indeed it was dropped ad much as the original owner claims. Any ideas? 20200428_195533.jpg

2002 Tahoe LS 4.8 w/ 63k miles
OEM Escalade 22's w/ 285/45/22
Unknown suspension mods
I have only changed the wheels and painted the Cadillac 3rd light and vent caps.
Mechanically, I've only changed the oil. Tire shop inspection showed everything was ok, but it makes clanking noises in the back, and it rides like crap.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

OP
OP
805TahoeLS

805TahoeLS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

I have updated my post. I apologize, it's my first post.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Welcome. Just curious---what are your measurements front and rear? Starting from the lower center edge of the wheelwell(above your tire)to the ground? Should be a level flat surface.
I dropped mine 3/4. It's an 03 Tahoe 4wd. With 22's the front measures 33 1/8" and the rear is 33 1/4". 20190704_163604.jpg
I used a kit from crownsuspension.com. I got the kit with the front lowering keys, rear lowering springs and rear shock extenders.
This is the kit I bought---https://www.crownsuspension.com/lowering/3/4-lowering-kit-4-coils-2-3-torsion-keys-with-shock-extenders/
You look a little higher then me, especially in the front. You probably can adjust the front keys to lower another 1/2"--1".

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Tony, I think your neighborhood needs more chain link fence. If that is your home in the background, what is that Chevy in the driveway?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Tony, I think your neighborhood needs more chain link fence. If that is your home in the background, what is that Chevy in the driveway?
Gotta keep out all the strays! It's my work van--05 Chevy Express 2500 with the 4.8. The one that was giving me all the headaches with the oil pressure.