Mysterious miss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

travo87

Reaction score
I've got a 95 yukon 5.7 tbi 4x4 217xxx I've basically rebuild this whole engine and every thing couple things I haven't changed only cause I know there good, but I have this mysterious miss or something like engine cutting out if I give it a little throttle driving or not it'll act like it want to die but if I give it quarter throttle it's fine. Also when I'm in park and idling if stomp on in it just boggs and dies is that cause it's flooding or not enough fuel also the main fuel line in was broke right before the tbi so there is 4 5 inches of rubber line. Say if I'm Cruising down the road and everything is fine unless you floor it it'll act like it wants to die missing cutting out bullsht any help I'd be in your debts

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This truck seems to be giving you a workout!. Please help us help you not just throw parts at it and hope.
Please list what you have found and done so far. Thanks.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 95 yukon 5.7 tbi 4x4 217xxx I've basically rebuild this whole engine and every thing couple things I haven't changed only cause I know there good, but I have this mysterious miss or something like engine cutting out if I give it a little throttle driving or not it'll act like it want to die but if I give it quarter throttle it's fine. Also when I'm in park and idling if stomp on in it just boggs and dies is that cause it's flooding or not enough fuel also the main fuel line in was broke right before the tbi so there is 4 5 inches of rubber line. Say if I'm Cruising down the road and everything is fine unless you floor it it'll act like it wants to die missing cutting out bullsht any help I'd be in your debts

Like @wjburken said- check your fuel pressure. Your symptoms are concurrent with a weak fuel supply or clogged cat(s) as they both present the same symptoms.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have numerous posts over a long timeline, which I assume is this same truck. If all in one place/post it maybe is 30 pages.
Several possibilities suggested over these posts included : checking wiring/grounds in several areas including distributor/dash/ firewall/frame. Other items- Fuel pump/filter/ FP regulator/ Fuel relay, Dist module, Coil, EGR/ intake gaskets/ camshaft inspection.
In the end, you will do what you wish. I was hoping by providing manuals and troubleshooting advice we could help you turn the corner into actual diagnostics saving you time/ money and frustration and delivering a nice running truck.
Good Luck!

OP
OP
travo87

travo87

Reaction score
What are you getting for fuel pressure?
You have numerous posts over a long timeline, which I assume is this same truck. If all in one place/post it maybe is 30 pages.
Several possibilities suggested over these posts included : checking wiring/grounds in several areas including distributor/dash/ firewall/frame. Other items- Fuel pump/filter/ FP regulator/ Fuel relay, Dist module, Coil, EGR/ intake gaskets/ camshaft inspection.
In the end, you will do what you wish. I was hoping by providing manuals and troubleshooting advice we could help you turn the corner into actual diagnostics saving you time/ money and frustration and delivering a nice running truck.
Good Luck!
And in which you have provided excellent help everything is fixed except this one thing and I can't figure it out even with the 1300 and rhe 1500 page books I have foe this thing but I'm just stumped

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you repaired/replaced Fuel pressure regulator on TB?
Have you disconnected the fuel filter and done a capacity test on fuel pump into bucket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019