My 07 Tahoe Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haven’t posted in a while but just wanted to show the progress of my build. This is my 2007 Tahoe with 248,000 Km or 154,000 miles. Here is a list of everything done so far and will definitely be looking for more ideas as well.
- Blacked out Chevy emblems
-Smittybilt bull bar
-Cherry Bomb Extreme single in dual out muffler
- Powdercoat black exhaust tips
-Airaid MIT with K&N drop in filter
-Anzo Halo Hid headlights with black housing
-Winjet black housing Led taillights
-Smoked third brake light
-Bushwhacker OEM style fender flares
-BFG K02 tires on Black Iron Tomahawk wheels
-1.25 inch spacers in the rear
-Front window factory matched tint with sun strip.
-Blacked out fog lights
Pretty sure that is all but I probably missed something. Overall I love this truck and think I’m doing pretty well for a first year college student haha. Cheers all

EC40491B-1FF7-457F-8F0D-E80914A283DF.jpeg 4142D896-80E8-481A-88C4-2233C2753B41.jpeg

Kevin Cervantes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sick ride OP! Would you mind telling me where or how you blacked out your Chevy emblems? Trying to do the same on my white 08 Z71

mtc1328

Reaction score
Sick ride OP! Would you mind telling me where or how you blacked out your Chevy emblems? Trying to do the same on my white 08 Z71

I'm not the OP here, but a rattle can of Plasti-Dip, some painters tape, and a little time will get the job done. Or you can also buy them, I believe.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also not the OP, but I recommend the ACDelco touch-up paint in the 5oz. aerosol can and a compatible clear (I used U-Pol #1). If they could match my Graystone Metallic to about 99% perfection in color and metallic texture then white should be a 100% perfect match. It laid down flat and deep with NO orange peel, as if I had a professional shop paint it.

bowtie-2-jpeg.224199

OP
OP
07_Tahoe

07_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I taped off the emblems and used some rattle can plastic paint and a couple coats of clear.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post links to the taillights and brake lights?

Do you have to display an inspection sticker on the windshield? I was thinking about getting mine tinted but realized it would probably get scraped off where the inspection sticker is

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I once had a car with a tinted windshield. I had a new windshield put in it and had it tinted ASAP. While I was at the glass shop (that also did inspections), I got the peel-away paper backing from an inspection sticker and used it as a template to trace where the sticker would go, positioned how I wanted it. I used an X-acto knife to cut out the square then went to a place that didn't hassle me about the tint to get an inspection. They let me install the sticker, which was just a matter of lining it up with the square in the tint. Every year, I just carefully scraped the sticker off with a razor and cleaned the spot before returning to the same shop for another inspection. The stickers are still the same shape and size to this day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17