2001 Tahoe LS 4x4 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evildmanarc

Reaction score
So just a little bit about my tahoe: it started out life in Texas where it was assembled. It must have lived life around there for quite some time due to the lack of rust before whoever had it decided to trade it in or what have you, because she ended up in Michigan for a while then came into my possession back in 2016. I absolutely love my tahoe. As of this post she's got 177k miles and counting. Had a couple radiator issues and transmission troubles but what vehicle runs on original equipment all of its life without needing some love? Speaking of love, whoever had the truck before me took absolute perfect care of her and I'm thankful. I kept it stock for a few years because the original idea was for it to be a family vehicle, but then after my break up it became the only vehicle I had. So I started customizing it to my taste. I've recently been doing more modifications to it. Most of the upgrades have been visual but I did purchase an aluminum radiator the other day it should be in any day. Anyways enough of the ramble, this is my build thread and I will be updating it as I complete upgrades/modifications. I figure after I get it set visually the way I want I will start doing some performance work. Keep it a daily driver for a while so it stays reliable for the duration of the visual mods. I will try to give some chronological images that I have already taken and will add new ones as needed. Its not as much as some of you have done, but I'm also just getting started!! Much love to the GM FULL SIZE SUV OWNERS!!!

IMG_20190707_205224321.jpg
Pretty basic and stock all around. No mods.20200718_005018.jpg
Got a steal on some 16 inch Helo rims after I blew a tire, $300 (retail 1200) and this started my journey.

20210705_204858.jpg
Scheduled 7/12/21 for service they're gunna mount and balance these GORGEOUS KO2's I got. 800 well spent. Now I can be rid of those mismatched pos haha! They don't rub either so win win!!!!
20210705_204932[1].jpg
$80 for this brush guard that was ACTUALLY off of a 1997 silverado, I liked the way it looked so I welded it to the frame rails and also bolted it with that plate sticking out of the front. Functional fog lights. I cleaned the original metal and gave it a flat black paint job all around. It looked bad before, and you can see the pitted metal in some spots in this picture. But it looks good for 80 dollars.

Will add more photos as I have done some more things to it than just wheels.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Go to the home page and scroll almost all the way to the bottom and you will see a section for "Under Construction" and that is where you need to start your build thread. This is ok for greetings but that area I speak of is where the rigs post for what you intend to do./ Post pics as you go along please.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Evildmanarc

Evildmanarc

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Go to the home page and scroll almost all the way to the bottom and you will see a section for "under Construction" and that is where you need to start your build thread. This is ok for greetings but that area I speak of is where the rigs post for what you intend to do./ Post pics as you go along please.
Okay thank you I'm sorry. Is there a way I can transfer this thread there?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Okay thank you I'm sorry. Is there a way I can transfer this thread there?
No need to be sorry. No harm no foul. Just go to that section and start the "build" thread. You haven't started a build thread yet anyway. You can start yours fresh.

Plus, there are a lot of rigs there you can get ideas off of when you look thru those threads. Lots of fun actually.

OP
OP
Evildmanarc

Evildmanarc

Reaction score
Thank you guys for your warm welcomes ! It won't let me put more than 5 attachments on and that's aggravating as I have a few more images to add to the thread. Is there a way around that or do I need to add more replies with attachments?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, forgot to tell you. We all have to do only 5 attachments at a time. All you have to do is just go to top right and click on the yellow "Post a Thread" and start another and just explain the additional attachments are just in edition to what was started.

OP
OP
Evildmanarc

Evildmanarc

Reaction score
Yea, forgot to tell you. We all have to do only 5 attachments at a time. All you have to do is just go to top right and click on the yellow "Post a Thread" and start another and just explain the additional attachments are just in edition to what was started.
Am I able to just post a reply to my thread and then bump it or make it sticky?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
All you do is just post another thread and put the pics there. Yes, you can reply to your own thread and put pics there too. Lok at mine. I just posted 9-10 pics tonight and they are one right after the other. It really is that simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645