Mudflaps, Has Anyone Installed Them Yet (OEM, Husky, Weathertech)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Husky (58201 - Front & 59201 - Rear) flaps and love them! They were super easy to install - took about 45 minutes for front and back. (I did have to remove the back wheels - simply turn the steering wheel to install the front.)

I'll be happy to take more pictures if you'd like.

Do they do a good job of keeping dirt/debris off the side of your SUV?

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they do a really good job at keeping the debris contained to the wheel well. I noticed a big difference after installing them compared to before.

OP
OP
T

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they do a really good job at keeping the debris contained to the wheel well. I noticed a big difference after installing them compared to before.

My Tahoe is black and one day of driving in the snow and the side of the Tahoe is covered is all the road debris....

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe is black and one day of driving in the snow and the side of the Tahoe is covered is all the road debris....

I know exactly what you're talking about!!! The Husky flaps I installed won't help a lot... my sides are covered with salt. NowZoomer said it best - these are flaps, not flares, so the muck still goes right around them and hits the side of truck.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know exactly what you're talking about!!! The Husky flaps I installed won't help a lot... my sides are covered with salt. NowZoomer said it best - these are flaps, not flares, so the muck still goes right around them and hits the side of truck.

I would agree mostly--they reduce, not stop the muck. You'd need flares and wheel skirts to stop most stuff--but even that would not stop everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts