Motor mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jkern

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 Yukon Denali xl and am getting ready to replace the motor mounts. Any advice on getting them in and out with out taking a bunch of stuff apart.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the heat shields off of the manifolds, but be ready for breaking bolts when you do it. I don't remember much when we did, just that it was a royal pain.

OP
OP
J

Jkern

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Take the heat shields off of the manifolds, but be ready for breaking bolts when you do it. I don't remember much when we did, just that it was a royal pain.
Can you bend the manifold heat shields out at all?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you bend the manifold heat shields out at all?
I guess it's possible, didn't try to bend them to our will! The next time we do this, I'll make sure to jack the motor up a little higher and maybe even just remove the exhaust manifolds for better access to the mounts.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it's possible, didn't try to bend them to our will! The next time we do this, I'll make sure to jack the motor up a little higher and maybe even just remove the exhaust manifolds for better access to the mounts.
How do you recommend jacking up the motor for this?

OP
OP
J

Jkern

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s what I had thought. I saw a suggestion the other day of a jack under the exhaust pipe. That seemed a bit risky.
Yeah I saw that too. All you’d be doing is jacking up the catylitic converter and the exhaust manifold. I’m with you not sure I’d trust that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645