Tucson, AZ 2018 Yukon Denali XL suspension & motor mount.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZDenaliMike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First off, howdy, I'm new to the forum! 2018 Denali XL 4x4 with around 66,000 miles. I've owned it since around 50,000.

I have a few questions...
1. I'm in the Tucson, AZ area and I'm hoping another member can recommend a shop they trust to handle repairs I've noted below.
2. I need both the driver side motor-mount replaced as well as rear shocks...seems they are leaking and I've noticed they've become bouncy as hell recently. Quotes for the mount are around $900 and scanning through older threads, that seems fair. As for the shocks, for the sake of continuity and avoiding future replacement costs, should I just get all four replaced? Do I go with OEM or are there others that folks recommend? The roads in Tucson are crap so I'd like to know any non-OEM recommendations will improve ride quality and last me at least another 50,000. I'm not interested in a lift.
3. I've also noticed a pronounced whirring from the engine. Kinda sounds like a far-off chain saw. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Motor mounts are cheap, so a local repair shop, once you've identified one, should be able to replace it for a reasonable amount of money.

IMO, your OEM suspension/shocks are the best you can buy. If you do any kind of wrenching, the rear shocks are easy to replace yourself.

For parts at reasonable prices, check rockauto.com and/or gmpartsdirect.com. With gmparts.com, enter your VIN and use your RPO code sticker to identify the correct rear shocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts