More overlanding fun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

arveetek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those last two pics look like real pucker moments! Is your drivetrain stock?

# 1 rule in off-roading: never be first! I always watch what other rigs do first before deciding to follow through. If I had been the leader on this trip, I probably would have avoided this particular pit. But after watching a few vehicles ahead of me make it through with no problems, in I went.

However, now my starter sounds a bit funny....

Drivetrain is stock other than a slight crank in the front, Roadmaster Active helper springs in the rear, and 285/75R16 mud terrains....

Casey

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Awesome, great pictures.

Thanks!

Casey

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
# 1 rule in off-roading: never be first! I always watch what other rigs do first before deciding to follow through. If I had been the leader on this trip, I probably would have avoided this particular pit. But after watching a few vehicles ahead of me make it through with no problems, in I went.

However, now my starter sounds a bit funny....

Drivetrain is stock other than a slight crank in the front, Roadmaster Active helper springs in the rear, and 285/75R16 mud terrains....

Casey

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Thanks!

Casey

Thanks for the info. Why & how did you decide on the Roadmaster suspension? I tow a trailer with my '99 and have been considering air bags or helper springs. I've never seen anything like you added.

OP
OP
A

arveetek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Why & how did you decide on the Roadmaster suspension? I tow a trailer with my '99 and have been considering air bags or helper springs. I've never seen anything like you added.

I actually work for an RV dealer, and we sell that product. Roadmaster contacted me a couple of years ago about selling their product, and I wanted to try a set out first before recommending them to my customers. I'm very pleased with how they support the load when towing, they give me about 1.5" of lift, and the ride has actually improved when empty.

I've had air bags on other vehicles, and while they will definitely support more weight than the RAS product, you have to constantly fiddle with the air pressure, and the bags may stretch too much when flexing the suspension.

I think the RAS is a step above simple add-a-leaf products for sure. They also flex well when off-road.

http://www.activesuspension.com/

Casey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879