Moon roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Solo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there, I gotta 05 Tahoe Ls and I was wondering if anyone has knowledge on how to remove the sliding cover part of the moon roof before i mess it up? Mine needs to be taken off to reglue the fabric. Lmk please thanx

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not much help on this one but others will chime in. Welcome to the forum from Virginia.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Hey there, I gotta 05 Tahoe Ls and I was wondering if anyone has knowledge on how to remove the sliding cover part of the moon roof before i mess it up? Mine needs to be taken off to reglue the fabric. Lmk please thanx

Please see the video on the link below. Before you remove the T25 bolt make sure you mark their location with a grey sharpie. This is very important, because you need to put those bolts in the same location when you re-install the glass. You also need yo remove all 4 compression clips, be extremely carefully they break easily. The final step is removing the brace that stops the cover, that brace keeps the cover in place. Its held by two rubber bushings on each end, to remove it, push the end towards the back of the suv then pull up. Do that to both sides and the cover can now slide out.

Ihttps://youtu.be/XV5jxBib3Dg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Please see the video on the link below. Before you remove the T25 bolt make sure you mark their location with a grey sharpie. This is very important, because you need to put those bolts in the same location when you re-install the glass. You also need yo remove all 4 compression clips, be extremely carefully they break easily. The final step is removing the brace that stops the cover, that brace keeps the cover in place. Its held by two rubber bushings on each end, to remove it, push the end towards the back of the suv then pull up. Do that to both sides and the cover can now slide out.

Ihttps://youtu.be/XV5jxBib3Dg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269