How do you remove sun roof sun shade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flaquito1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need to remove the sun roof sun shade to replace material covering.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to do the same thing. I believe you have to remove the sunroof itself, then you can remove it. That or drop the entire headliner.

Will Carlson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Attach just did this yesterday!! You remove the 4 bolts on the glass of the sunroof 2 on each side and lift it up and out then it’s held in by spring type clips use a pocket screwdriver to get them out and then it comes out through the top.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me,..... sort of risky..... I was considering removing the loose material and glue a matching upholstered 1/8" thick panel onto it while leaving it in.
( As of now, I use a putty knife to tuck in the fabric , once in a while.

Removing the perfect sun roof is a 'can of worms', since it does not leak.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
To me,..... sort of risky..... I was considering removing the loose material and glue a matching upholstered 1/8" thick panel onto it while leaving it in.
( As of now, I use a putty knife to tuck in the fabric , once in a while.

Removing the perfect sun roof is a 'can of worms', since it does not leak.
My thoughts exactly. I don't really like my sun roof. I never open it and am always fearful of a water leak.

Gobs of years ago, I worked at a Sears automotive shop and they sold sun roofs and we installed them. We were paid to cut a hole in the roof and install them. I cringed at the thought of a leak. I never had any leak though. We also installed aftermarket cruise control kits too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n