Moisture again!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
A while back I put in some new TYC elegante headlights..they are great..BUT I have moisture in one side now. ALSO I put in new 55w DDM Hid's. So heres the thing, the new Hid's have a red silicone o-ring on them, my old 35w Hids had a blue rubber o-ring on them. Has anyoneone had the same problem?

970Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same set up you do. Take the light off and let the moisture evaporate completely, blast some compressed air in there or set it in the sun. Then do as i did and cover the whole back side of the hole with silicone...

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
a little off topic but did the 55w DDM lights just plug in and work without the relay? thanks. mine are still in the mail but i will silicone mine too.

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
Yes they will work with NO problem what so ever with out the relays..... they come with two different o-rings..i just left the silicone ones on..i didnt have a problem with the TYC's until the new Hid's went in.. I will be switching the o-rings out tomorrow...I will let you guys know how it turns out

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive had that happen a couple times too. if i'd get a car wash there would be water in the headlight. I planned to take it out and silicone the edges of it but never got around to it.

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
2010-04-29_150052.jpg

there is a pretty big difference in the two...its a tighter fit for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member