Missing OBD pins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TeaSpoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FFD2FAB5-A937-4406-BF8F-719A9B992EBB.jpeg hey guys! I have a 2000 Yukon Denali (OBS GMT400). I was going to program some new keyfobs and found out my OBD II plug is missing pins 8 and 13. Anyone else have this issue with their truck like during the body change they switched a few pins around or am I legit missing a few pins? The truck had a collision before I bought it and they did some wiring, so I’m guessing they missed a few things but wanted to check here first.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are typically changed as a whole. its foolish to just fight with swapping those pins. sometimes they dont like to stay on place. you may have to follow the alternative method of programming your fobs. i dont remember it off hand but its something about the ignition switch and hitting some buttons in the correct order and time.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I believe it is this. It worked for my 2002

Step-by-Step How To Programming Instructions:

1. CLOSE all doors.
  2. INSERT key into the ignition.
  3. PRESS and HOLD the power UNLOCK button on driver’s side door panel. DO NOT release until instructed to do so in Step 5.
  4. Quickly TURN the Ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. (ON is the position just shy of starting your vehicle, OFF is the position where you can remove your key)
  5. RELEASE the power UNLOCK button on the Driver’s side door panel. The vehicle should respond by locking and unlocking automatically. (A) If locks cycle then CONTINUE to Step 6. (B) If the door locks begin to LOCK and UNLOCK BEFORE releasing the unlock button then the vehicle has not entered Programming Mode and you must START OVER. REMOVE key, OPEN door and RETURN to Step 1. (C) If the vehicle continues to LOCK and UNLOCK before releasing the UNLOCK button then there is a problem with the vehicle’s system and remotes must be programmed by a certified professional. If you are unable to get the door locks to cycle then you are turning the key too quick, too slow, there’s a problem with the vehicle’s system, or the vehicle is not equipped with a factory keyless entry system.
  6. HOLD the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote at the same time until door locks cycle again. This could take up to 30 seconds.
  7. Now REPEAT Step 6 for all additional remotes to be programmed, including working ones.
  8. After Step 6 has been performed for all remotes TURN ignition to ON to exit programming mode.
  9. TURN ignition to OFF, and remove key.
  10. Test all remotes. Programming is complete.

Or this if you like you tube:

OP
OP
T

TeaSpoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, that works for the nbs gmt800’s, this is an obs gmt400, they use a different system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TeaSpoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, that’s the typical way to reprogram key fobs. I think I need to rewrite my post. The issue isn’t programming a fob, the issue is that the typical way uses a jumper from pin 4 to 8, and my obd port is missing pins 8 and 13, which are in all the other gmt400 series trucks (gmt400-480) that I’ve seen.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, so what is pin #8 for? If it is a ground then that is simple to just use a close ground unless it HAS to be a ground in the ECM.

OP
OP
T

TeaSpoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
#8 is for the CCM. The one it is crossed to for the keyfobs is #4, which is the ground. The other one that’s missing is the #13 for the SIR system

IMG_6644.png

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok. Like James said, the pin may be there but not in the connector. Have you looked? Just curious? Looks like the connector they used is this one then?

Pin
Number Pin
Name Description
1 SW-LS-CAN (33kB) or DW-FT-CAN (+) (<125kB)

2 J1850 n/a
3 MS-CAN (+) (95kB)
4 GND Chassis ground
5 SGND Signal Ground
6 HS-CAN ISO 15765 HS-CAN (+) (500kB)
7 K-Line n/a
8 n/a
9 DW-FT-CAN (-) (<125kB)
10 PWM n/c
11 MS-CAN (-) (95kB)
12 K-Line (KW82 Prot.)
13 reserved
14 HS-CAN(-) ISO 15765 HS-CAN (-) (500kB)
15 L-Line n/a
16 Battery+ Battery +, unswitched

OP
OP
T

TeaSpoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m not sure if by CCM they mean central command module or cruise control module. Stands to reason if it’s a reprogram for a keyfob it would be command module, I would think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727

Latest posts